Hello, newbie here.

wpwaukesha

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Hello folks. I just bought my first Windows phone (Nokia 820 for $0.01!) I have used all platforms from iOS to Blackberry. I have used GMail for awhile and have heard that the support for GMail and Windows phone 8 devices will no longer be available. What is the best email for WP8? I am self employed so I do not have Microsoft Exchange any other email apps I can use? Hotmail? Outlook?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Hotmail and outlook both are awesome, if you are not tied to a particular email provider as you mentioned, i would suggest using outlook as it integrates very well well with all MS services.

wpwaukesha

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
One more question, if I set up my Outlook email account BEFORE I set up my phone (It will arrive by the 27th) will there be any problems when I receive and set up my phone?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to WPC and congrats on your new device!

I will probably still use Gmail, but will need to find a way to import my contacts to Outlook/Hotmail.

okkyraditya

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I have been checking out the new Outlook.com and I couldn't find a way to delete a contact.

click "Outlook" at your upper left screen and choose "People", after that left click someone who you want to delete at the left pane and then click "Delete" at the top

Sorry for bad English :p

wpwaukesha

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that feature is not available to me. I don't get it. I tried everything. I have clicked on "People" found a contact to delete. Clicked on the contact. On the top bar it says EDIT, nothing there, another is MANAGE, clicked there, nothing there's an option ot restore deleted contacts. So frustrating.

rajkumr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am also trying to delete all my outlook contacts and I am not able to find any way to do it!

I used the Nokia transfer app to transfer contacts from my iPhone, but none of the contact pictures came through! And there is no option to delete or select all contacts.

I am still trying.

wpwaukesha

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Figured it out. It is browser dependent. Since I am a Mac user I generally use Safari. I switched to Firefox and now I can delete my contacts. Though you cannot delete contacts if you choose to "link" to LinkedIn, Facebook or Google. The contacts cannot be edited, you must make your edits from the source.

rajkumr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I found another workaround in the Microsoft forums...

Select the first contact check box and then press and hold the shift key and press and hold the down arrow key till it selects all the contacts, and then click delete on the top bar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros