Impossible to play Youtube Videos

EmptySpaces

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Further to my earlier post yesterday about problems i have been having with my new Lumia 820, i have also found that it appears to be impossible to play any youtube videos.

When i attempt to view a video using the site, i am given a message saying that my phone cannot play this kind,of file. Using the desktop site, this was further elaborated on by saying i did not have the right flash player. Is this the source of the problem? Can this be downloaded at all?

On having a quick through these forums, i saw that a lot of peoples suggestions were to use another app such as Metrotube. But when i tried viewing a video this way, i constantly got an error,message just saying that there was an error attempting to play the video in whatever the set quality was.

I really am at a loss as to what to do and all these faults are really starting to make me regret choosing this phone. I'm starting to feel like no part of it actually works properly :(

Del1701

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tried any apps for YouTube but I just used the browser to play a couple of clips and it worked for me, but your right there seems to be varying bugs which need to be fixed asap.

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have an 822, but whenever I try to watch a YouTube video, it just brings up a black screen with the red loading bar, and the videos have never seemed to load. at least they havent loaded within the 2 minutes or so that I wait. and one was like a 30 sec video, so it should not have been a problem. I am connected to home wifi and vevo works fine

billturner

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Re Impossible to play Youtube videos. I can play Youtube videos perfectly on my 820. Video is brilliant and so is the sound so it must be a fault with your phone, I use the standard Youtube player.

Regards

BillT

Mohak Adav

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Same started happening with me from today. First it was working fine. Also tried the desktop version but got the same message , "you need to upgrade your flash player"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999