Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnylai View Post
    Well, I BOUGHT LUMIA 820! hooyaaaaa :D
    congratulations! Welcome on board the 820 ship :) hope you like it as much as I do!

Quote Originally Posted by jiayit View Post
    congratulations! Welcome on board the 820 ship :) hope you like it as much as I do!
    i really like it!
    btw, i got the sd card error issue. Do i need to format the sd card?if yes, which format?

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    i really like it!
    btw, i got the sd card error issue. Do i need to format the sd card?if yes, which format?
    I've never gotten the issue before, so I'm of no help, sorry. But the first time I put my SD Card in, I formatted it in Settings > Phone Storage > format SD Card.
    Thanked by:

I've never gotten the issue before, so I'm of no help, sorry. But the first time I put my SD Card in, I formatted it in Settings > Phone Storage > format SD Card.
    helped me alot!
    hey, you live in sg?

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    helped me alot!
    hey, you live in sg?
    yup, how'd you guess? :)

yup, how'd you guess? :)
    because SingTel :) lol

today i restart my 820 and sim is not working(connect) :/

its display 'no service' in the phone icon

did you cut it yourself? otherwise, try opening it and reinsert the SIM, even small amount of dust can make it unreadable. I've also had this one time, just wipe it clean with a microfiber cloth, it should work then.
    Thanked by:

i reinsert the sim, after few hours and it works, thanks mate :)

my battery drain 2-3% with no background app, is that normal?

Just a follow-up, so can we store basically any kind of file to the SD card or just pictures, videos like the ones without SD card slot? I don't need to install apps on the SD card - just need to transfer large files between computers. Having said that 8GB internal is a little small for me - I have an Lumia 900 with 16GB but still don't feel sufficient. Ideally, I think I need both 32GB internal storage AND an SD card slot for large file transferring :-)

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    You can store most files. Some apps will not store data on the SD card, such as Audible.
    When all else fails empty the magazine...

i suspect something. When i install app, for example the app is 10mb, after i installed the app, its more than 10mb. I have no idea how can i get 2.45gb apps....

And the photo quality is so poor :( or my picture taking skill is not good?

and where can i play the video after i record video. (when i finish what i want to record, i click the capture button, the phone jumps to home screen...and the camera task is closed)

and i open the nokia map, after the gps lock, the position jumps..... :/
    Last edited by johnnylai; 01-21-2013 at 09:05 AM.

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Think of app downloads as .zip files: they are smaller downloads and bigger once unpacked and installed. I don't record video with my phone, I have a regular DLSR for that.
    When all else fails empty the magazine...
    Thanked by:

the higher the better. Class 10 is preferred, or UHS if you can afford, and don't mind. I have a class 4 SD Card, and accessing media on my SD Card is really laggy.
    That is simply not true with the lumia 820. Please read the whole thread here:

Lumia 820 - sd card issues and freezing - Nokia Support Discussions

Many many problems with class 10 cards and sizes above 16 GB.
    Nokia even proposes only using nokia sd cards. Has anyone ever seen them in the wild?

apparently, the .xaps just are .zip files (since a few weeks encrypted, but basically zip). And I don't know, but I used several cards, and all class 10 worked perfectly, but only when formatted to fat32!
    johnnylai likes this.

ive got 1gb free space left on internal storage, but why i cant download Sonic CD? its says i need to clear some stuff to increase spaces. Sonic CD file size is 240mb, so it gonna extract to 1gb? make no sense :S

I use the sandisk 64gb class 10 and formatted it to exFat (as advised by others on here) and that solved alot of issues with lag and things not working when the card was formatted as fat32. Also the windows desktop sync app is crap and always has problems. Since I ditched that and used other apps for syncing music I havent had any issues. I have heaps of apps on my phone and still have over 2gb of space left so for me 8gb internal is ok.
    Thanked by:

but how to format to exfat

but how to format to exfat
    I'm not sure if he swapped the formats, I always had problems with exfat and formatted it to fat32 (FAT32 Format - Download), and it solved it. If he really meant exfat, you can use almost anything, on mac the disk utility and on windows right-click "format".

does window phone 8 video player support subtitle?

as far as I notice, no. But you can convert them and add the subtitles to the video, like described here: Encoding HD Videos with subtitles for Windows Phone [ tutorial ]

But then, you can't view it without subtitles. I really wish the VLC team was a bit faster..
    Thanked by:

my contact list messed up :S how can i set it only showing contact from sim card...i dont want facebook and email contacts mix with sim contact

Settings - Contacts - Filter, there you can select which contacts shall be shown, e.g. facebook, email accounts with contacts etc

Quote Originally Posted by th0mas96 View Post
    Settings - Contacts - Filter, there you can select which contacts shall be shown, e.g. facebook, email accounts with contacts etc
    i deselected all and my sim contact list is not showing. I tapped import sim contacts but it says already in phone contacts.. :(
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast