We made some changes

Our new forums are here!

Saving money on data

Mint SIM is the perfect way to get cheap data in the U.S.

Don't count Windows Phone out just yet

Dead? Psh. Here are 5 reasons to stick with Windows 10 Mobile

VPN vs. Proxy

The difference between a proxy and a VPN

Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Scott_101's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    I bought a 32gb microsd hc card today (class 10) from **** Smith (rushed decision I know). It doesn't show up at all in storage. I have read up and now realise it's not supported...tried the reset/restore etc and still nothing.

    Can someone please recommend a good working sd card (64gb) that I can buy?

    Thanks,
    Scott
  2. Scott_101's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_101 View Post
    I bought a 32gb microsd hc card today (class 10) from **** Smith (rushed decision I know). It doesn't show up at all in storage. I have read up and now realise it's not supported...tried the reset/restore etc and still nothing.

    Can someone please recommend a good working sd card (64gb) that I can buy?

    Thanks,
    Scott
    Nevermind...I just read another thread and I'll try the sandisk class 10 64gb card
  3. okkyraditya's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    15 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    I want to buy 16GB Sandisk Class 10 UHS-1 micro SD, is this card issue free with Lumia 820?
  4. jplumia820's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    29 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    I am using Sandisk class 6 sdhc1.. Works fine .
  5. okkyraditya's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    15 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jplumia820 View Post
    I am using Sandisk class 6 sdhc1.. Works fine .
    thanks, it works fine when recording video directly to the card?
  6. th0mas96's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    434 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    For me it works, but first you have to reformat it to fat32 on your pc. There's a tool for that: FAT32 Format - Download
    When you don't do it, it will read the card but only throw errors when you want to save something. I think it directly saves videos to the card, but I can't swear. And with 55 gb of music, don't shuffle all. the phone will hang for at least 20 seconds.. I hope this'll get fixed soon
  7. jplumia820's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    29 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    Recording hd videos are smooth
    And I didn't have to do any formatting ..
  8. okkyraditya's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    15 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by th0mas96 View Post
    For me it works, but first you have to reformat it to fat32 on your pc. There's a tool for that: FAT32 Format - Download
    When you don't do it, it will read the card but only throw errors when you want to save something. I think it directly saves videos to the card, but I can't swear. And with 55 gb of music, don't shuffle all. the phone will hang for at least 20 seconds.. I hope this'll get fixed soon
    Quote Originally Posted by jplumia820 View Post
    Recording hd videos are smooth
    And I didn't have to do any formatting ..
    thanks, I want to try 16GB Sandisk UHS-1, hope it will better than my card right now

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-20-2014, 04:43 PM
  2. What class SD card for the 822?
    By mlcooper54 in forum Nokia Lumia 822
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 08-05-2013, 07:12 PM
  3. SD Card in the Lumia 820 only for media?
    By Spaghettirocker in forum Nokia Lumia 820
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 09:32 PM
  4. Micro SD card for samsung focus
    By c0dezer0 in forum Samsung Focus
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-23-2011, 09:39 AM
  5. 16gb SD card for focus?
    By archer75 in forum Samsung Focus
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-15-2011, 02:21 PM

Posting Permissions

";