- 01-08-2013, 01:47 PM #1
I have moved from iOS to Windows Phone. I am happy with the switch.
That said, I have a 920 and while I am not unhappy, but I am seriously considering moving to the 820. I prefer the smaller size. I have a couple of questions I hope I can get answered here...
1. The 920 has 32 gig of on board memory. How much does the 820 have?
2. I read that it is expandable - but that no apps can be installed on the Micros SD memory. That might be a deal breaker if true.
3. Any obvious things that I am missing? I have read through the forum but I may have missed something!
4. Other than that, do I have the comparison right:
920: Larger screen, able to use screen with gloves, much more on board memory, built in wireless charging.
820: Smaller screen and overall form factor, less memory, exchangable backs so color changes and wireless charging are an option.
- 01-08-2013, 01:52 PM #2
Hi there, I deliberately chose the 820 over the 920 because of the form factor and the SD card support.
1. The 820 has 8 gb memory, expandable upto additional 64 gb
2. That is correct, no apps only media.
3. I believe the screen can be used with gloves as well.
4. The comparison is right imho.
Good luck with your decision, I am very happy with my choice. :)
- 01-08-2013, 02:01 PM #3
The glove thing isn't too important - I live in Florida, but I do visit the north once in a while.
One other question, is it possible to make a full backup of the 920 and restore it to the 820 so I don't have to re-set everything?
01-08-2013, 02:09 PM #4
- 29 Posts
I bought the 820 because it fits better in the palm. Unlike the 920,it has rounded corners and is more compact. The swappable covers are an added advantage. I do wish that the apps could be stored on the memory card though. I suggest you try out the 820 and judge for yourself..
Good luck with your decision!
01-08-2013, 02:18 PM #6
- 29 Posts
You can ask the at&t rep to do that if you bought it from them. Or backup everything on SkyDrive and then restore it. Or Check out "Transfer my Data" for Windows Phone http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...c-30f1a826af02 useful app by Nokia
- 01-11-2013, 09:48 AM #7
There's serious downside to 820 however - the built in 8gb is way too low, considering the "memory bug" that people (including me) are encountering.
I have 820, quite a few apps installed but no games, so they are mostly not too heavy apps, all the movies and photos are set to move to the external mem. But memory is running low and never going up even if you uninstall app. Imagine that each time i take a photo, even tho it goes to external card I loose 2 mems of internal mem as well.
That's the main reason I'd stay with 920.
- 01-12-2013, 10:08 PM #8
I have a question: is there a vast difference between the screen resolution on the 920 compared to the 820? Does it look that much better compared to the 820? This is the only thing im worried about since I don't have that many apps on my phone, and love the size more. Thanks in advance :D
01-12-2013, 11:10 PM #9
- 61 Posts
- 01-12-2013, 11:41 PM #10
01-12-2013, 11:59 PM #11
- 61 Posts
01-13-2013, 12:09 AM #12
- 249 Posts
Go for an HTC 8x or wait till MWC in February to see the surface phone and the other new WP8 phones. The Nokia Lumia 920 is just fricking huge, not indicative of most phones that have 4.5 inch screens. The foot print for the average 4.5 inch phone is much MUCH smaller than the 920.
The Lumia 920 is the equivalent of about a phone with a 5 inch screen I would say.
- 01-13-2013, 01:02 AM #14
Coming from apple's retina devices, the 820's screen takes some getting used to. Yes, you can still see individual pixels but it doesn't really matter as much. How often are you going to be scrutinizing pixels? They do just fine for reading :)
- By ptb127 in forum Nokia Lumia 822Replies: 25Last Post: 12-03-2012, 10:59 AM
- By ptb127 in forum HTC 8XReplies: 10Last Post: 12-02-2012, 02:01 PM
- By Aki11p2 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 13Last Post: 11-10-2012, 09:41 PM
- By scmurphy13 in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 23Last Post: 06-20-2012, 07:01 PM