Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Mike3of3
  • 1 Post By J Hisham
  • 1 Post By Mike3of3
  • 1 Post By Mike3of3

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    After much thought, I took the plunge and ordered my 820 this morning

Coming from a Blackberry, I'm looking forward to something a bit more interesting and up to date. Will post my thoughts when it arrives in mid-week!
    cedarlog likes this.

I would only like to say that you're in for a treat. I myself switched from Android and not long before that I was on iOS.
    I instantly fell in love with Lumia when I saw it in my local store for the first time. Not long after that I got myself a Lumia 920 and have loved it to bits since.
    I can say this is by far better than iOS and especially Android (this is only my personal feeling, some might beg to differ which is cool)
    Hope you enjoy yours when you get it!
    cedarlog likes this.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I can clearly tell you that I did my research, as well as some trial and error.....

You are gonna sh!t yourself when you get your hands on this powerful little beast! I hope is last forever! If so, I will never have to by another phone!

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Anyone treated themselves to a different back cover for theirs yet? .... Im liking the blue one

u wont be disappointed with your choice, excellent phone!

I purchased mine sim free, in black, and ordered a nice red back cover - Looking a lot brighter now

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike3of3 View Post
    Anyone treated themselves to a different back cover for theirs yet? .... Im liking the blue one
    yeah started with black, wife now has a red one, I myself now have a white one. Holding out for the blue as well. great phone you'll love it.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    couldnt get a blue one so Ive ordered white - the 820 should arrive wednesday or thursday this week

Im a bit excited

Quote Originally Posted by Mike3of3 View Post
    couldnt get a blue one so Ive ordered white - the 820 should arrive wednesday or thursday this week

Im a bit excited
    Cyan shells should be out in the next week. Mobile fun uk emailed me saying they're expecting stock on the 18th. Not sure about anywhere else.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    So 1 week later and no new handset. Contacted p4u to find they have no stock and wont be getting any for a couple of weeks. I am really angry and disappointed that they took my order and didnt mention the stock issue, so I think i'll have to look at the 8X instead.

Thats the last time I use p4u

I now have a white 820 cover to sell

Do you really need a WP that desperately?

I've been waiting to get one since it was announced last year! If I get a 'stock issue' too in a week's time when I plan to buy it then waiting a bit longer will be worth it.

I'll try to go elsewhere to buy it than Phones4u though, that is quite annoying!

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    my old phone is falling apart, other than that 2 weeks is do-able (if its 2 weeks)

are the 920's as hard to find as the 820's? its a good sign for WP popularity if that is the case

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts
    Came from a BB, too (Bold 9900). If you're interested in experiencing new things, you wont regret your decision.

i believe the 920's are just as rare to find at the moment. Have you tried carphone warehouse?

I got my 920 from EE on 9/11/2012 the first day it was available and I can't believe that almost 3 months later people can't get them still! Crazy.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Despite being told that stock wasnt going to materialise for a week or 2, my 820 arrived today, and she is a thing of beauty
    I also negotiated a free month for the messy customer service, so my first month is going to feel even better!
    Ive just popped the white cover on and Im waiting for the new sim to activate.

More updates and thoughts when Ive used it a bit

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Loving it so far

It seems very fast and smooth, the OS is great and easy to use. Ive put some music on it, and downloaded skymaps, but I need to go out this weekend and test the camera a little. If Nokia start shouting a bit more about their products I can see people buying lots of Windows phones. Everyone seems interested, but don't seem to have seen one before.
    cedarlog likes this.

This phone is fantastic

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I found out today that the external speaker is relatively loud and useful compared to some recent handsets ive used.

Also the Nokia apps are great
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    2 weeks in and Im still loving the 820. I haven't enjoyed a new phone so much since I don't know when. And to make things even better, my wirelss charger is on the way!

the 820 just keeps on giving
    cedarlog likes this.

I got my wireless charger yesterday I love this phone

Mines arrived today from Vodafone. Its in the house waiting on me and I'm excited.

Just got an 820 too! Mine's black but I'm thinking of getting a yellow shell. I keep telling myself yellow is too bright and gaudy, but it's so tempting...

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgaius View Post
    Just got an 820 too! Mine's black but I'm thinking of getting a yellow shell. I keep telling myself yellow is too bright and gaudy, but it's so tempting...
    mine was also black, but I slapped a white cover on it as soon as it arrived

I just like too add, ITS AMAZING

I got a red charging shell and this phone rocks