My phone exchanges - All things lead to Lumia 820!!! HAPPY!

rexbaumgartner

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Me: 53 yr old professional guy, married, kids, annoying dog, etc.

I have been a long, true die-hard iPhone user; I have had every one they put out. The last, iPhone 5, well a huge disappointment in my experience. I jumped ship and bought the HTC One X + and used it for 13 days. Fun, light, powerful yet very odd, in my opinion. I did a lot of reading and opted to try the Lumia 920. The 920 demonstrated to me just how enjoyable the Windows 8 platform could be! In it's own way, every bit as customizable as the Android platform, yet seemed far more stable. Was I hooked? Yes! BUT........

The weather here in St. Louis was amazing yesterday and I took the motorcycle out for a nice long ride. The Lumia 920 secure in my left front pocket, seemingly drilling holes in my thigh! It was then that I discovered that the phone is truly huge! I would reach down and move the phone around from time to time, only to find it digging in again. More research when I got home last night.......

I went back to my service provider this morning and exchanged the 920 for the 820! Weird experience when I was standing at the sales counter and the sales rep handed me the new 820 and told me to sign into my "Live" account. I did and then the new 820 began to morph into the 920 that I just turned in! I notice absolutely no difference between the phones, other than the 820 seems to fit my hand (and my pocket) much better! Both phones perform superbly!

I pray that the Nokia Lumia 820 is as durable as I have read, I simply LOVE THIS PHONE!

:love:

Rex

Locutus3d

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Awesome story. I love my Lumia 920, but you almost convinced me to get the 820 instead.

However, I LOVE the size of the 920. I too came from an iPhone and I swore up and down any phone with a screen larger than 3.5in was too big and unusable.
I'm sooooo glad I was wrong.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven