Lumia 820 - only works on speaker

swissTJ

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Hoping that I'm an idiot - when making or receiving calls I can only hear the other end when I hit the 'speaker' button - they can hear me, apparently, so have I set something inadvertently, or is the internal earhole speaker faulty? Any help would be greatly appreciated! TJ

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
From what you described, it seems that the internal ear speaker is faulty. Have you tried turning up the volume, sounds dumb but you may have accidentally set to 0 lol..

sistah

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm having exactly the same issue. Like you checked the volume etc but all seems fine. Did you determine if it was a faulty handset or is there a setting i can alter?
thanks,

Artov

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes I too can only use speakerphone. Cannot turn it off and cannot get any help on how to activate or deactivate it.
Only Microsoft.....

Richard Franc

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I have an 820 also, same problem - the other person can hear me perfectly, however
I cannot hear the other person unless on speakerphone.
I checked all my settings - it's not a me problem, it's a phone problem.

Lex Strahorn

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Same problem on four phones already! first an 820, second a replacement 820, then a 928, and now the replacement 928!
I bought the insurance and the Verizon place wants me to pay for the next one. Screw that I will be getting something else if they push that crap.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans