Broken screen on lumia 820

danxbike

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys, first of all im from chile so my english is no the best, today i drop mi phone and broken all the screen (doesn't work), so i have to replace, i found two types:

1- OEM Nokia Lumia 820 LCD Screen and Digitizer Assembly with Front Housing
oem_nokia_lumia_820_lcd_screen_and_digitizer_assembly_with_front_housing_2_.jpg

2- OEM Nokia Lumia 820 Digitizer Touch Screen
oem_nokia_lumia_820_digitizer_touch_screen-_2_.jpg

so wich one i have to buy if i had only the screen broken?

thx.

hubberttyler

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
My girlfriend recently broke her 820 as well. Taking it apart is easy. You just unscrew everything and make sure your sim and sd card are out. You'll have to buy the first one.

fishballs88

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I replaced mine just yesterday. It was quite easy. Just be careful with the screws and don't over tighten them like I did because I broke 2 of the 3 screws near the battery compartment. It still holds and seals fine without the 2 broken screws. BTW, I bought the digitizer screen with Frame. The first one in your post has LCD included and the second one does not include the frame. If the display still works and just the touch is not working, you just need the digitizer.

Manu Tyagi

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Today morning i dropped my 820..now have a crack running down the screen..and the screen shows blue colour..is my lcd also broken.. ????

pablo1291

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
if you broke the LCD it could cpuse problems with the colours and the dead of the screen but you still have the touch functionalities, but if you broke the digitalizer you are going to have broblems with the touch functions but it gona continue showing all the things on the LCD

Aksharpd

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
if you broke the LCD it could cpuse problems with the colours and the dead of the screen but you still have the touch functionalities, but if you broke the digitalizer you are going to have broblems with the touch functions but it gona continue showing all the things on the LCD

My LCD has gone completely dead but touch works. but the crack is in the top part of the phone, How do I know weather its LCD or Digitizer or both ? Nokia guys said I need to replace both but I was not convinced and price of both is bit high.

Fernandisco

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
My LCD has gone completely dead but touch works. but the crack is in the top part of the phone, How do I know weather its LCD or Digitizer or both ? Nokia guys said I need to replace both but I was not convinced and price of both is bit high.

how do you know the digitizer is working if the lcd is dead? i'd just replace both if i were you

Gert Zenelaj

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I dropped my phone today (820), and the screen is cracked, but not so much. the prolem is that the touch dosen't work anymore. so I can't now do some buck upps and other things. maybe to respond on a call. can anyone suggest (if it's possible) how can I restore the touch or it is completely gone? Please help me.
Thanks Guys

rusty_sim

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I recently dropped mine too :(

1. glass is cracked
2. half of touchscreen not working
3. picture is ok

My friends told me I only need a screen+digitizer, however the guy at the shop reckons the screen is fused together so I will need the LCD+digitzier+screen. Is he right or wrong?

rusty_sim

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys I sent my phone to a guy to be fixed. He tried putting a new digitizer on, called me back and said the lcd isn't working properly. I have a feeling he's damaged the lcd while repairing because before he said only the digitzer needs replacing. I'm not angry but what should I do next?

- Pay $150 to have him order in a LCD+digitizer in a week
- Or move on/get a new phone

I paid 350 for my L820 so I don't know whether it's worth paying 150. I may run into problems further down the road if it starts malfunctioning?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro