Volume too low when playing music files

kamalzack

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I have Lumia 820. My problem is that the volume is too low when playing music files from my SD card. Even when I use an ear phone it is still very low. The funny thing is that when I play video, the volume is loud.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

matrixcruiser

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Had a problem with the volume yesterday. It was too low and i was not able to turn it up or down. I restarted my phone and everything was normal.
Closing the music app or unplugging the headphones did not work.

Sunofabob

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
My wife had a similar issue and I just walked up and turned the volume up for her and it just worked. I''m sure she just missed it and hit the wrong button. Always good to try a soft then a hard reset.

shailendra patil

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Even I am having problem with the Music volume controls in Nokia Lumia 820. Sometimes external volume control works & sometimes it stop responding. I can see the volume getting down from 30-1 on screen but volume of songs on my earphones was same. I am using the earphones which i got with the Nokia Lumia 820 i.e. Nokia WH-208 Made in Vietnam & it mostly happens when i switch on the Dolby earphone setting. Right now i m controlling volume by adjusting the equalizer.

Does anyone have any solution on this problem??
or should i change my earphones?

Tiago Lopes

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have this sometimes when i switch audio source rapidly or go from a video to audio whilst unplugging the headphones. The phone gets all confused and the volume gets locked really low, even if you adjust it up and down it stays the same. Only solution ive found is to switch the phone off and on again

adamski777

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
another fix for this is to play another song after changing the volume, as sometimes during playback the sound volume doesn't change. but I have found if I select another track then it plays at the correct level. bizarre - used to happen a lot but seems not to be happening recently - don't know if its one of the nokia updates that's fixed it as we never see a change log.

chuchuchrain

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me too earlier, music was soft, tones were soft, adjusting the volume wouldn't change a thing. Headphones and earphones in and out, no luck. Soft reset solved it!

DhavalShah26

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I am also having similar problem. I am not able to reduce or increase the volume when playing music with or without headphone.
Please let me know what am i missing.

rovin66

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I should not have to restart my phone to be able to use the volume controls, this is a bug and should be fixed. I have alos found an issue that the music player stops working, shows it is playing but no sound, again a restart was needed. MS/Nokia please find a fix!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb