Lumia 820 turns off by itself

pasqo

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Wow! Im absolutley gutted. Yeah I think I am going to send it back, I can't believe how bad it is. It's not reliable enough for me to keep :-(

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
It may have something to do with the way the phone accesses data. Try turning off the data and leave WiFi always on. I've seen where this works. Of course this can't be done in every scenario and it shouldn't be considered the fix.

Last edited:

pasqo

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed it definitley does it whilst the phone is on charge overnight and it also does it randomly. I've also noticed my information (like what's app, emails, facebook) are not syncing to the right sort of times. For example, I read a what's app message, i close it, I get a popup for what's app of the same message I read 10-15min ago. Sometimes I won't receive a pop up. That will be the same with Facebook, I've checked the settings and they are set correctly (for me to receive a "toast") when I want to view a message. So I am thinking the software of the phone conflicts with the hardware which no doubt Nokia are aware of.

CaptainChunk41

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem when i used windows phone app on windows xp to sync music...it use to reboot or turn off itself automatically (its really annoying)...so i tried the drag and drop method to sync music in explorer (in windows 8,after hard reset) and the problem is gone (for a month almost,no problem)

a box of fish

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
My 820 is now restting itself alot, i don't mind it doing it at night when i'm not using it. But its getting irritating when i'm listening to music or playing a game and it just feels like it. :(

Lav_2205

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
For all those people who had issues with their new 820's, it appears to be due to the SD card. Windows Phone 8 is a completely different OS which can handle only a limited file types. Hence, please try the following, and you should get success for sure. Whether its a new SD card or from your previous phone, same solution is applicable.
1) Move all the media contents (photos, music, videos, sounds & documents) from the card to a PC.
2) Move any other necessary files to another folder on PC.
3) Format the SD Card using ur Lumia.
4) After formatting is complete, then you can move all the media stuff back into their respective folders.
5) Plz keep in mind not to move any other file types apart from the media files & office documents.

Sent from my RM-826_im_india_201 using Board Express

Sagar Mohapatra

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
bro how did you get the replacement or money back is it possible i got it from a nokia priority dealer ..in jamshedpur...and it is having same auto switch off problem with no obvious solution from nokia care...

ozsmeg

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Had several issues with this phone. Random switch off, ghost in the phone, certificate errors, random vibrating when vibrate is switched off.

Solved all of these issues by disabling all the feedback and removing my Nokia account which I don't use anyway.

I still want an FM radio but hopefully that will come in the next OS release.

dj200

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Mine was shutting down every day, sometimes two or three times a day. I updated to 1308 two days ago and have had no problems since.

Keczanm

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Had the same issue. My phone often turned off while left it on charger for the night.
Returned the phone, they reinstalled the firmware, updated to 1308.
Got my phone back two days ago, no issues so far. Hope the firmware refresh solved the problem.

erwinsie

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
im in sydney and i had this issue random turn off or reset but after upgrade yesterday (force upgrade, no OTA yet) no more issue. finger cross

Lionskin

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Here's what I discovered ((may not work for your phone but does with mine)) if I over charger the battery, meaning its at 100% but still plugged up, for more then five minutes the phone completely shuts down and doesn't respond. I'm thinking its just a way to protect the battery from later damage or a malfunction but either way, if you take the back off (( Nokia Lumia 820 by the way)) take the battery out for a second and then put it back in, the phone comes back on fine. Try this out, or even test what's happening with mine and see if that's the probably or part of it.

cparesh

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
i have a different problem. My lumia 820 is 10 days old. It does not EVEN turn-off if i try. I try to put it off, and it turns OFF, and immediately turns ON>
Other problem is the Battery lasts just half-a-day. And i DO NOT use any APP/GAME etc. except WhatsApp, and that too only for maximum Half an hour a day.
What kind of a phone is this? Is this a manufacturing defect?
Pl guide me
Rgds
Paresh Chandarana

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism