Forgot my lock screen pass but have my Live ID, Help

adelregh

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I simply forgot my lock screen password and I could not figure out a way to restore it.
Please help
Can I do it through my Live account which I have been using on the same device (Lumia 820)

Help please

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you can reset the password via your live account. What you can do though is factory reset the phone which will remove the password. The downside is that all your data will also be removed.
To reset the phone to factory defaults do the following:-
Make sure the charger is disconnected.
1. Switch the power Off.
2. Press and hold the Volume down and connect the charger, if successful an exclamation mark will appear.
Then input Keys in the following order:
1. Volume up
2. Volume down
3. Power
4. Volume down
The phone will reset and boot up automatically.

Now you've got the job of setting your phone back up again but hopefully you had automatic backup turned on.

adelregh

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
When I tried holding holding down the Vol buttons after switching on the phone, it stuck on this screen:

file://localhost/Users/AADIL/Desktop/820.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20130117_002.jpg
    WP_20130117_002.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 820.jpg
    820.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 15

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I simply forgot my lock screen password and I could not figure out a way to restore it.
Please help
Can I do it through my Live account which I have been using on the same device (Lumia 820)

Help please

Try logging in to locate your phone and tell it to lock it with a code and see if that code will let you into it.

RuMurilloCol

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Try logging in to locate your phone and tell it to lock it with a code and see if that code will let you into it.

Hi there @Phirefly. Same thing is happening to me. I changed my Nokia Lumia 920 lock screen and I can't remember it... I tried to access through windowsphone.com to lock it and give it a new code, but it seems that windowsphone.com already know I have a password:

Capture.JPG

Do you have any other idea?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss