Wireless charging shell + case?

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I just received my wireless charging shell and am worried my TPU case will not fit correctly when it arrives due to the increased size. Can anybody comment on cases and fit over the charging shell??

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what device you have but my Nokia 822 is just a little thicker than the original back and I not sure about your type of case but my guess is yes.

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Ummm, I have a Lumia 820 (820 forum) and swapped the stock shell for a charging shell which is slightly bigger. Wondering if cases will still fit and what users have experienced with cases over this shell.

Piratelooksat40

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the 820 with a charging back. I have the HHI Mesh Plate Duo Shield Case for Nokia Lumia 820 and I love the cover, but it does not fit quite right.

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that's a problem and I think people need to be aware of it. I have two cases on order that fit stock 820. I will let you know how the fit is over the charging shell.

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Have you determined whether the charging shell is bigger than stock on 822? It is on the 820 and that is the specific phone I am looking for this info about and the reason for starting this thread.

Erickson187

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
That sucks man. Hope it works with some of the other cases. Maybe one that has both silicon and polycarbonate like the one I use on the 822. Its from a company called Trident.

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I received the Terrapin hard case, similar to incipio feather case, that snaps on to the sides and leaves the top and bottom of the phone exposed. It fits but the cutouts for the buttons aren't quite in the right place and it makes the buttons hard to press. I would think one could get used to the button press but kind if annoying. I haven't received the "cheap" tpu case yet but am afraid the issue is going to be cutouts not positioned right because of the increased size of the charging shell once again. Working with no case at this point .

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
I did get a case from Amazon, and it fits like greynightshirt's case. The charging shells must be bigger then the standard shells, but wireless charging works with my case on the phone.

Last edited:

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Still not seeing cases that fit specifically over charging shell. Probably should asks Nokia to build one, or release a ruggedised case with wireless charging.

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hate to bump this super old topic but I'd hate to make a new one when other answers can be found here as well.
Can you guys still Qi charge your phones with a silicon cover on it? Considering buying one for my mom as I just replaced the digitizer and would rather not do it again if I can help it. But she has wireless charging shell. Anyone have an answer before I bite the bullet and buy the silicon case?

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Hate to bump this super old topic but I'd hate to make a new one when other answers can be found here as well.
Can you guys still Qi charge your phones with a silicon cover on it? Considering buying one for my mom as I just replaced the digitizer and would rather not do it again if I can help it. But she has wireless charging shell. Anyone have an answer before I bite the bullet and buy the silicon case?

I know that this is an old thread, but I purchased a silicone case after my plastic one broke. Wireless charging still works great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99