My 820 is breeding songs!

Kriminal

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Since the weekend, my phone has decided that it's going to cause problems when I want to connect my Buetooth headset to listen to my music down the gym...

...as what seems to be a 'normal' thing on these phones, it freezes!! It had taken 6 soft resets on Sunday before I was able to make any connection, and 3 soft resets Yesterday.

Before all this started happening, I had a total of approx. 227 tracks on my phone -

I now have.......(can I have a drum-roll please).....

.......2,521 tracks!!

Has any body else witnessed this type of thing happening?.....I've logged it with Nokia, along with a list of other problems I'm experiencing, but would be interested to find out if I'm not the only one.

Kriminal

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Are they the same songs, 10 times over? or you have randomly received 2250 songs you don't think you ever sync'd?

They're the same songs being duped. I looked up the 'tracks' on the phone, and counted the first one Yesterday - it's been duped another 15 times.

faninblack

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Same happened to me after I put in a 64Gb micro sd. Several hundred stranglers tracks became several thousand. I formatted the card on the device (unlocked lumia 820) and all has been ok since then. Clutching at straws, I'd say file header issue due to not preformatting the sd as the extra tracks had no bearing on sd space.

Kriminal

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Same happened to me after I put in a 64Gb micro sd. Several hundred stranglers tracks became several thousand. I formatted the card on the device (unlocked lumia 820) and all has been ok since then. Clutching at straws, I'd say file header issue due to not preformatting the sd as the extra tracks had no bearing on sd space.

I had to reformat the SD card last week, as I got the dreaded 'BLEEP' sound, telling me that it doesn't recognise an SD card.....(another problem I've had with this damned phone!)

After reformatting, I reinstalled all my music and photos that I wanted to keep on the phone, and now I have THIS problem.

I'm seriously thinking of taking the phone back to the vendor the weekend, and telling them I want to opt out of Nokia Lumia. It's quite sad really, as I think the phone is a perfect simple design - just a shame it doesn't work!

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I think the sd card issues is a bug in the OS itself and not the specific phone. Will likely be fixed in the February patch.

Kriminal

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Same here, seems like we now know what they our songs do behind your back :p
16GB Class 4 here.

:grin: Yeah, looks like the damned phone keeps playing MY music!...lol My SD card's a 32GB Class 4

Ruined : I just kind of wonder how long it'll take for all these problems to finally be resolved, and we have a phone that we can use. Since having the thing I've become an expert in how to reboot a Lumia - it just seems to be a continuous part of my daily phone life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte