Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

6 Posts
    Hi all,

I just got myself a new 820 and it definitely feels nice. I just have few problems that make it look messy and the worst one is related to photo albums.

When setting up my new Lumia, I added a SD card from my old phone. Unfortunately that was a HTC Desire (Android) which created all kinds of silly folders on the SD-card. As a result I have number of "Photo Albums" which have subfolders and / or thumbnails of some websites in them. When I try to delete the albums in WP8, the icons disappear, but when I go back to "Photos" they will re-appear.

Is there any way to remove those albums permanently on the phone or do I have to remove them using my PC? I have actually managed to remove all the content but now I'm stuck with blank/black albums.
    Mod Emeritus

5,650 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,675 Global Posts
    It'll probably be best to use the mass storage option on your PC and delete the albums from there.

6 Posts
    Hmmm, I managed to remove most of the Albums, but for some reason the thumbnail info file in the MP3 folder is write protected and cannot be deleted. I wonder how I can change that status on a SD card in Windows 7.

52 Posts
    just backup all files which you need, format SD card and copy the files from backup

6 Posts
    Yeah, I suppose that would work. I just wouldn't want to open the Lumia 820 back cover too often and couldn't find a way to format the card while inside the phone.

52 Posts
    settings -> memory -> tap "SD card" -> format SD card

109 Posts
    i think i got worst problem, on photo albums, i got an album that isnt me....that was my friend's timeline photo from facebook. And i cant delete it from my phone! :/