- 01-29-2013, 05:31 PM #1
Okay, so maybe I'm a little late to the party, but I could never understand this.
Is it just the avatar, online leaderboards, and friends from your xbox club..or is there an actual benefit?
For people like me who don't have an xbox360 and couldn't care less for avatars or friends online, is there anything that differentiates an xbox title from something like say, "Where's my Perry"?
I'm talking about stuff that matters like quality of graphics, or option to buy and play both on your WP device as well as console or any *real* benefit?
- 01-30-2013, 06:18 AM #2
This is my understanding regarding games branded as Xbox Live, so someone else please chime in if they know more.
For the end user, the biggest feature of Xbox Live games is the ability to collect achievements. You get points as you complete in-game challenges, and the goal would be to collect all of the game's achievements. I, too, don't have an XBox, so I don't know what you can do with these achievement points once you've collected them (they could just be for bragging rights).
Behind-the-scenes, Xbox branded games get a lot of support from Microsoft all the way from conception through implementation. It is my understanding that this process is more rigorous than the typical testing (but that's probably more subjective than fact). Being held to this higher standard, users expect Xbox Live branded games to be of higher quality in terms of graphics, storyline, game play, etc.
- By Paul Acevedo in forum Windows Phone GamesReplies: 76Last Post: 10-01-2014, 06:06 AM
- By TaliZorah in forum Windows Phone GamesReplies: 10Last Post: 01-09-2013, 12:43 PM
- By rstall#WP in forum Windows Phone GamesReplies: 21Last Post: 06-05-2011, 08:56 PM
- By gibbyhome in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 02-24-2011, 02:53 AM
- By action_efn_jackson in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 18Last Post: 01-06-2011, 01:41 PM