Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

My Lumia 820 is showing battery charge at 100% continuously for a period of time and then dropping into battery saver mode showing approx 4% charge. I have powered off / on & then removed the battery and restarting to no avail. Have not attempted a full reset. Anyone experiencing the same issue?

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Think I'm getting the same problem. Charged my 820 from dead to 100% and it's been showing full charge for the last two hours. Battery isn't THAT good. Reboot hasn't solved it.

B*gger! Mine's doing this today. Stuck on 100% for 11 hours now. All clever stuff turned off. Just idling on the phone network. Been checking for messages every few hours. So, no usage really but I normally lose a few percent per hour like this.

Did you guys get your issues with this resolved? I'd be interested to know. Hang on!!! Just checked again before I posted this. Down to 99% now. Oh if only I could believe this.

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    First time I did a battery pull for a few minutes and it solved it, instances after that It seemed to go away on it's own (though I do tend to reboot the phone). Happens intermittently then the battery just starts dropping as normal.

Thanks JimiDiGriz. Appreciated. Well, I thought I'd see what the phone would do left alone. Down to 91% when I got up this morning. Now at 84% after a day of more light usage, mainly text message exchanges. So, I guess it's back to normal now.

What I can't understand is that with all Nokia's experience how they can't come up with a battery indicator that works properly. Thinking about it I suppose that this is really down to the OS, so is it due to M$'s inexperience in this area? Either way I just can't believe this. It can't be rocket science to get a working battery indicator. Can it???

Hi all,
    I think I have the same problem. Just go it yesterday and even though I am NOT charging, the battery indicator blinks with the power socket on top of it.
    Battery saver says 100% battery, but it drops dead many times. After charging the battery for about 2hours, same problem.
    Any help?

I'm having this problem but on the Ativ S :/

Global Posts
    4,698 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Always reboot if you have doubts about the battery percentage.

If you don't really care about your phone (but are absolutely caring for the battery) ,just do a battery pull.

If you're also experiencing problems with the date and time, or some other problems, try doing a soft reset other than a reboot/battery pull because or solves all problems at once.
    Reviver of Forum Games! I'm TheWPCTraveler over on Nintendo Life, as well. You'll also find me over at gamrConnect as well, because I like numbers.

3DS Friend Code: 1779-1560-3109 | NNID: TheWPCTraveler
    Devices: Lumia 630, ASUS T100, Nintendo 3DS XL.
    Now Playing: Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars [3DS]
    Now Watching: Pom Poko (平成狸合戦ぽんぽこ)

I have a creepy avatar, don't I?