Lock Screen wont show text when recived

acousticpoem

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Dont know if I am being stupid but if my screen has gone dark (the 5 mins limit has passed) and I recived text or emial the lock screen does not come up but the alter tone sounds. If i hit the power button the screen appears right away. Is this a WP8 thing or a Lumia 820 setting?

Appreciate any help

acousticpoem

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
No I meant when the screen time out period has gone over 5 mins and the screen goes dark. A text comes in and the tone goes off but the screen stays dark and no notificiation

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
It still sounds like we're talking about the same thing. If you mean the screen has gone dark but not off, my answer stands. If something else, maybe someone else can help.

Mandymoo11

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I think you are talking about a text coming in when the screen is locked. The notification sound goes off but the phone does not 'wake up' and show the lock screen. This is exactly the way my 822 operates. I don't have any issues with this functionality, as I can easily see a missed text or email on my lock screen or live tiles. You can set your lock screen to show any missed texts or emails in the lock screen settings under 'Choose apps to show quick status.' You will still have to wake up the phone but you will immediately see them on the lock screen.

acousticpoem

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Mandymoo11, that is the issue Im talking about. The screen is set to show texts it the waking the phone up that is annoying. Hope Microsoft give the option to increase time from 5mins. Was hoping there was a way around it, though it seems not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon