- 02-06-2013, 04:34 PM #1
Dont know if I am being stupid but if my screen has gone dark (the 5 mins limit has passed) and I recived text or emial the lock screen does not come up but the alter tone sounds. If i hit the power button the screen appears right away. Is this a WP8 thing or a Lumia 820 setting?
Appreciate any help
02-07-2013, 08:11 PM #6
- 36 Posts
I think you are talking about a text coming in when the screen is locked. The notification sound goes off but the phone does not 'wake up' and show the lock screen. This is exactly the way my 822 operates. I don't have any issues with this functionality, as I can easily see a missed text or email on my lock screen or live tiles. You can set your lock screen to show any missed texts or emails in the lock screen settings under 'Choose apps to show quick status.' You will still have to wake up the phone but you will immediately see them on the lock screen.
- 02-08-2013, 11:18 AM #7
Thanks Mandymoo11, that is the issue Im talking about. The screen is set to show texts it the waking the phone up that is annoying. Hope Microsoft give the option to increase time from 5mins. Was hoping there was a way around it, though it seems not.
- By blinkyjesus in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 7Last Post: 04-12-2013, 11:08 AM
- By blinkyjesus in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 0Last Post: 06-27-2012, 09:55 AM
- By MrSean490 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 06-21-2012, 05:11 AM
- By petroll in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 04-10-2012, 02:30 PM
- By hellerz85 in forum HTC TrophyReplies: 1Last Post: 09-07-2011, 03:49 PM