lumia 820 display glass durability

Zinoka

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
The Nokia 820 has scratch resistant glass just not of the Corning brand. Also please be aware that any type of glass will and can scratch or break under the right circumstances.

stiflingcobra

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Indeed it can... My previous Desire HD was knocked off the sofa seat and fell onto a wooden floor... Prob a fall of about half a meter and the glass was shattered and that was Gorilla glass... So any glass can and does break...

There's plenty of threads about people scratching or breaking the glass on the Lumia 920...

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Gorilla Glas 2 (lumia 920, iPhone 5 I think) has the big problem that it's indeed very resistant, but not really scratchresistant. it's an extremely soft glass, which makes it flexible and harder to break, but also easier to sratch. I don't really know about the 820's glass, I'm using a screen protector just to be sure

Miekk4

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I've had Lumia 820 for a couple of weeks and I have small scratch next to "back" button. I've been a little suspicious about the screen durability since I got the phone and I recently bought a Copter screen shield just in case. I think the screen is not very scratch resistant since I have been handling the phone very carefully. I recommend buying a proper case or a proctective film to cover your screen just in case.

As already said, the Gorilla glass is not a guaranteed to endure. My father has a Galaxy Xcover with Gorilla glass in it and he has shattered two screens by accidentally dropping the phone from knee hight. Lucky for him he has gotten a replacement as the phone us supposed to be heavy duty.

malikoshaq

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The screen isn't as durable as i thought it was gonna be when i bought it back in November. I have a deep scratch between the home and search button and there are light scratches all around the bezel of the phone. Just be careful with it. A screen protector and a great case is definitely preferred.

reckoner79

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Why call glass scratch resistant if its not really scratch resistant? Gorilla glass can scratch, all glass used for cell phones scratches.

Phone Guy 4567

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure it provides some additional protection against breakage but as far as scratch resistance goes it's not that great IMO. My 920 fell on a laminate floor screen down and has scratches. If there is any bit of grit on the surface there is a possibility of scratching the screen. Add to that the mirror like finish of the screen and I think the scratches become even more noticeable at certain angles. That's why in video posts of people using hammers, knives etc. you won't notice scratches due to the angle and lighting, but I bet they're there.

gazzaMARTIN1

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
My screen broke in my pocket, in a rubber case with a film screen protector on. Took me 3 hours of getting angry in a carphone warehouse just to get it replaced. I bought the issue up with Nokia through countless emails and phone calls, but they're customer service is non existent. Nokia are a joke, iv been put off them for life. After my two year contract runs out. Gutted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3