Do yourself a favour. Don't buy this phone.

gazzaMARTIN1

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
The first 820 i had broke in my pocket (cracked screen), even though it was in a case with a screen protector. I eventually got a replacement from carphone warehouse after shouting and screaming for three hours in-store.
The second handset is plauged by bugs. Sometimes it won't charge through USB for no apparent reason. The data connectivity often won't work without turning the phone off and on first. Sometimes the music player volume will zump to zero and won't turn back up until you turn it off and on. Some photos iv taken have a solid line of purple pixels across them, the list goes on...
Iv tried endlessly to tackle this with Nokia and they've done absolutely nothing. They do not know the meaning of the words "customer service", do some forum searches and you'll see what i mean.
Iv used Nokia for 15 years but when this contract runs out im never dealing with them again. Take my advice and save yourself from a ton of frustration, and being stuck with a shoddy handset for two years.

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
well looks like you're getting the bad stock, 2 days ago I dropped my l920 from 1st floor(balcony 8m high) nothing happened to the screen not even scratches (only 2 dots on one corner as far as I noticed) but the polycarbonate cover got bumped on all 4 corners, maybe im lucky the screen didn't break.

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I've been plagued by problems endlessly with my previous 8X. Heating indefinitely for no obvious reasons, auto reboots, and more.

Went to Nokia Care, THRICE. problem not addressed, gave up and got the 8X in the end. They have very very very bad attitude. No problems with my 8X at ALL so far.

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Mine is working fine so far. But I wish the battery could be better. I have to use 2G to have all day long.
Have used this phone for a month. Have dropped it several times and still OK. Call quality is great. I can even use it in an elevator.

Last edited:

bluesingas

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Well, if you're talking about 820, it's a great phone. I don't havr any problems with it (well maybe my micro sd is a bit slow, but I think it will be fixed.). Maybe your phone was broken or bad quality ;)

Atli Jarl Martin

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Yeah.. I don't know about your particular gadget, but mine is all that's advertised, and more. I abstained from the 920, due to it's lack of MicroSD slot and size and man, am I glad I did. The 820 is completely wonderful. You must have gotten a bad unit.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I've been plagued by problems endlessly with my previous 8X. Heating indefinitely for no obvious reasons, auto reboots, and more.

Went to Nokia Care, THRICE. problem not addressed, gave up and got the 8X in the end. They have very very very bad attitude. No problems with my 8X at ALL so far.

Nokia Care fixes HTC phones?

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Well, this is your opinion. You're not commenting on the 820 itself, instead, you focus on the apparently lack of customer service on Nokia's behalf. While you may have had a bad experience I am sure others have had experiences that say Nokia repaired their phone/s quickly.

Tezler

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Had my 820 few months now. Don't bother with case since shells are replaceable, just have screen protector to prevent scratching. Dropped on numerous times and screen not an issue. Shell took a little damage but again, I'll change colour at some point :)
Your replacement phone sounds faulty and for sure it sounds like you got a bad unit and have been very unlucky. Hope your luck improves.

Tezler

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine is working fine so far. But I wish the battery could be better. I have to use 2G to have all day long.
Have used this phone for a month. Have dropped it several times and still OK. Call quality is great. I can even use it in an elevator.
Is it heavily used? All I did was disable bluetooth and NFC. I enable when needed. The battery improved loads doing that!

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Very heavily used. Whatsapp 24x7, email every hour and lots of news reading with an app called Flux - really like this app. I disable bluetooth and NFC as well. Previously with 3G only got around 8-10 hours but with 2G I get more than a day. I use WiFi a lot to surf. For all other like Whatsapp and email, 2G is enought. If I am outside, without access to Wifi and want to browse for news I just enable the 3G.

Is it heavily used? All I did was disable bluetooth and NFC. I enable when needed. The battery improved loads doing that!

Abdul Rahman Noor

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
The first 820 i had broke in my pocket (cracked screen), even though it was in a case with a screen protector. I eventually got a replacement from carphone warehouse after shouting and screaming for three hours in-store.
The second handset is plauged by bugs. Sometimes it won't charge through USB for no apparent reason. The data connectivity often won't work without turning the phone off and on first. Sometimes the music player volume will zump to zero and won't turn back up until you turn it off and on. Some photos iv taken have a solid line of purple pixels across them, the list goes on...
Iv tried endlessly to tackle this with Nokia and they've done absolutely nothing. They do not know the meaning of the words "customer service", do some forum searches and you'll see what i mean.
Iv used Nokia for 15 years but when this contract runs out im never dealing with them again. Take my advice and save yourself from a ton of frustration, and being stuck with a shoddy handset for two years.

I've had an 820 from CarPhoneWareHouse for a couple of months now, and the screen has (only) a couple of scratches even though my 18 month old constantly drops it playing with it.
Sounds like you have a faulty phone.

craigy18181

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Never had a single issue with this phone since I picked it up on the 9th November 2012. Wife also has no issues with hers so anyone looking in on this I would suggest ignoring this thread and biased opinion.

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Never had a single issue with this phone since I picked it up on the 9th November 2012. Wife also has no issues with hers so anyone looking in on this I would suggest ignoring this thread and biased opinion.

yes, ignore whatever you think is biased but some of the problems here are real problems. For example, my 820 has a 4-6 seconds shutter lag, I have a Class 4 SD card (so I'm not complaining), but my friend with a Class 10 SD card has the lag too. If you're one that needs to take many photos quickly, you might need to purchase a good SD card with your 820 (UHS).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills