Mugen power battery

GraemeT

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
This was flagged up a few weeks ago. The feeling seemed to be that 9% extra power wasn't a lot for the money. That said, every little helps I guess.

GraemeT

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm almost tempted actually, and use the original as the spare. One of the clinchers for me getting an 820 was that you could swap batteries. When I first got mine I thought the battery looked small. Maybe you just can't get anything more from that size. I see you can get chargers for them now.

Ardeshir_Mir

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
1800 mAh doesn't make a big difference (at least for me), and also I'm not sure about the Mugan battery quality (is it really good as the original Nokia one?). I think Nokia should do what Samsung did with GSII, the original battery was the same 1650 mAh for GSII, but Samsung released an original extended 2000 mAh battery with back cover. Lumia 820 has the removable shell and that's the good point, so lets use it. I believe it's no effort for Nokia to make an extended battery and I really don't care if my 9.9 mm 820 becomes 11+ mm thick but having 2000 mAh battery (for God sake Nokia ... Lumia 720 has 2000 mAh!!!)

GraemeT

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I take your points. Mugen are claiming on their site now that their battery is a hot item (not sure that's necessarily a good claim for a battery). The shipping date keeps going out too. It was originally supposed to be 1st March, then I saw 8th and now it's 22nd. Either everybody's buying one or they can't make them. I didn't know that the 720 had 2000mAh. That's a bit of a kick in the teeth for us 820 owners.

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Mugen 1800mah battery

I have been using the Mugen 1800mah battery for about 3 days for my Lumia 820. It seems to extend the phone's usage for 1-2 hours more. I am talking about heavy use like using Skype and Whatsapp.

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Just got mine a few days ago. I mean the 1800 mah. The phone now can last for 11 hours at least for me. Previously I only managed to get around 7-8 hours.

GraemeT

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey zack251, that's really interesting. I know it depends on usage but that's better than the 9% quoted. So, you'd recommend this, right? It's worth the $44?.

Pictures of the 3600mAh would be great. The battery life that would give would be awesome, but I wouldn't be interested if it made the phone significantly bulkier or heavier, and I can't see how it couldn't.

GraemeT

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Mugen 1800mah battery

zack251, I've replied to your post in the similar "Mugen power battery, started by sejgiul" thread.

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi GraemeT,
So far I am satisfied with the battery though I wish they have 2000+ with the same size and dimension. I would not get the 3600 mah either because I want to have the option to change the back plate with wireless charging capability.
I think Whatsapp consumes lots of power. I used the phone with the original battery when I was in the U.S. and I was not using any data plan. I just used WiFi connection and the phone could last about a day and half.

Hey zack251, that's really interesting. I know it depends on usage but that's better than the 9% quoted. So, you'd recommend this, right? It's worth the $44?.

Pictures of the 3600mAh would be great. The battery life that would give would be awesome, but I wouldn't be interested if it made the phone significantly bulkier or heavier, and I can't see how it couldn't.

GraemeT

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi zack251. Thanks for that. On the strength of your first post I've gone for it. Only 30 quid in my money so it's not the end of the world if it turns out to be a pile of poo. I know what you mean though. A 2000mAh would have topped it. Maybe they just can't get that capacity into that size. Is the 820's battery physically small compared with others? I haven't the experience to tell.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3