Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lumia8

Always get very-very bad & blurry photos when taking close object (around 10 - 15cm). The camera was finding the right focus, and it did succeed in certain point with sharp image as seen in the live screen. But when it finally needs to take that picture, it always missed out! Is it a hatdware problem? Even after latest firmware update yesterday, the problem persist.

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Push the dedicated camera button just slightly and it will focus that way too try that

Just found some workaround... well, at least until Nokia comes up with some fix: install ProShot or whatever app that allows you to do manual focus. Just realized that 820's camera wasn't that bad after all...manual focus gives me a very sharp close up photo. Now I can definitely confirm the autofocus is the culprit. Hope they're working on somr fix.
    Morq likes this.

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Aye was about to recommend proshot, its really one of the best things out there for photos.

i'm also disappointed with the auto focus. it focuses perfectly till you snap the picture then its slightly out of focus.

For close object you should use the macro option in the settings bar. This might help a bit because the macro setting lets the camera prefer near focus points. Of cause that does not help always. Sometimes the auto focus is just useless.

TRUE!! This is a PROBLEM!
    Yep, got the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by matrixcruiser View Post
    For close object you should use the macro option in the settings bar. This might help a bit because the macro setting lets the camera prefer near focus points. Of cause that does not help always. Sometimes the auto focus is just useless.

where do i find this macro setting..is it in default setting of 820 ?
    No problem here at all.

Mark "close in" in settings and use your finger to point where's you need to focus.

I have great macro photos with default app. No complains about that.
    Developer

Yup, don't use auto when taking up macro shots. Use close-up when using default camera app or use third party app

should the auto setting be able to realize its up close?
    the thing is, as it is focusing and just before it snaps the picture, you can see that it is perfectly focused but then after the snap it is blurry.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I have the focusing problem as well. It focuses for a split second, when when I take the picture, it's a little blurry. Very annoying.