Gap between camera and cover

mad820

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys

I bought a Lumia 820 a few days ago (I like it very much) and I noticed there's a small opening between the underside of the camera lens and my cover. It's a small slit (and probably not notable in a picture) but I worry that some dust or water may get inside.

Is this a manufacturing error or have any of you encountered the same 'problem' ?

Thanks !

mad820

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Yet more build quality issues with Nokias =p That shouldn't be like that. Return it from where you got it from as that is down to "defective/not working" reasoning. If you have had it under 28 days they should replace it, if its over 28 days they may replace it or repair it.

mad820

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Well, I would, but I'm not entirely sure if it's worth the trouble. I mean, I'd probably have to wait for about 3 weeks for my replacement/repaired phone, no?
And the guy in the store would probably think it's a non-issue and say it's normal.. ?

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
That looks normal to me and to be honest unless you live in a really dusty environment which is very fine dust wouldn't really get in because of the position of that camera housing. For example if it was at the top of the phone it may pose more of a concern but I wouldn't be worried by that.

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
That is a charging shell, no? I had a very large gap below the camera housing and charging shell on my wife's 820. It was alarming and would allow plenty of dust inside the phone, I could actually see inside the phone thru the gap! Nokia care replaced the phone and shell and the new tandem is a little better, meaning the gap is smaller but still there.

I don't know what is going on but I'm on my third 920 because of dust under ffc and a gap on top portion of phone. Now the "new" 820 just turns itself off randomly and must be soft reset back on. I'm starting to lose it Nokia, lets get it together!

mad820

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
It is indeed a charging shell and I can also watch inside the phone, though difficulty and only a very little bit.
Maybe I'm too demanding..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss