Help Me!!! Crack in the screen and now I can't use my phone!!

Veronica Lunking

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my phone and there is a crack right across the middle of the screen. Problem is now the touchscreen won't work below the scratch and I can't type in my password to get into my phone.

What do I need to fix this and how do I do it? (I'm not a very technical person so speak slowly :) )

~Or~

Should I just say, "Screw it!" and just get a new phone? Of course I didn't get the insurance so I have to pay full price and I would REALLY like to not have to do that.

Please help me!!

Leethal65

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
had same issue, bought a "touch screen digitiser" of ebay for $35.00 (free postage. Its basically the front frame and touch screen, came with tools and was easy to change. Dont be put off by doing yourself, you will virtually disassemble phone but it is just screws. I nearly spent $100.00 on the lcd screen which sits underneath & glad I didn't.

If the lcd was cracked only you'd be able to use touch screen. when the digitiser cracks it interferes with touch , thus wont work.

Got mine from hong kong & took about 10 days to Australia - this is where all the repair shops will get the spares they charge you an arm & leg for...

good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb