Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi,

I updated my Lumia 820 last night to 8.0.10211.204 and now my battery is draining super fast. I haven't installed any new apps or manually changed any settings (maybe the update did something I'm not aware of). Before the update, I would normally have 50% battery left at the end of day before plugging it in to charge overnight. It isn't even noon yet and I'm down to 21%.

Anyone else experience this after upgrading? Any thoughts on what's sucking my battery dry so fast?

Thanks!

Try a reboot and see if the problem goes away. Sometimes after an update OS/app I've seen some oddities, but a reboot usually squares it away.
    "Bro, you know I lift cause I use a Lumia 920..."

I did a reboot, but did another one. It's charging now, so won't really be able to see if that clears it until tomorrow when it "starts fresh". I did notice that it was running hot as well before the reboot and it's cool now. So hopefully that solves the issue.

I've been running this version on my 820 for a while and haven't experienced your problem. Do a soft reset, perhaps?

I updated the phone to the 1308 firmware update and Battery is nice, which firmware are you on?

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Hi Guys!

My L820 gets 40% Batt drain in the night when I'm not using it! (from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.) Even gets discharged (same rate) when doesnt have a SIM card, so there is no data or anything.

Any ideas?

I have also a Xperia P, and without SIM gets discharged like 3% all day.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,290 Global Posts
    Threads merged
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    Thanked by:
    Luiskp 

Quote Originally Posted by Luiskp View Post
    Hi Guys!

My L820 gets 40% Batt drain in the night when I'm not using it! (from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.) Even gets discharged (same rate) when doesnt have a SIM card, so there is no data or anything.

Any ideas?

I have also a Xperia P, and without SIM gets discharged like 3% all day.
    Did you disable some background task ? Go to system, swipe left to "applications", tab background task and select which you do not allow.

Also, "Location" on our device is also a heavy juice eater... try turn it off when you do not use it.