why there is no update for nokia lumia 820 yet ??

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
And AT&T users are still waiting...

ur joking!! Thats gotta be AT&T, I couldn't see Nokia doing that to their customers. The reason ours took so long (Australia) was carrier interference:( something has to b done about carrier meddling coz its ridiculous to get a firmware update 3mths after its released!!!

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
ur joking!! Thats gotta be AT&T, I couldn't see Nokia doing that to their customers. The reason ours took so long (Australia) was carrier interference:( something has to b done about carrier meddling coz its ridiculous to get a firmware update 3mths after its released!!!

Yep, it's all AT&T! 920 users got the update a while ago. I will be looking for unlocked/unbranded phones like my 720 from now on. :angry:

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Yep, it's all AT&T! 920 users got the update a while ago. I will be looking for unlocked/unbranded phones like my 720 from now on. :angry:

yup I buy unbranded ALL the time n that's supposed 2 cut out the middle man but carriers STILL f#@k it with their dopey restrictions. :sad:

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
yup I buy unbranded ALL the time n that's supposed 2 cut out the middle man but carriers STILL f#@k it with their dopey restrictions. :sad:

use nokia care suite to update, yeah its a pain you loose all settings but if you back up its not such a bad way to cut out a 3 moth wait for new firware.
boxa72 do you guys have a date for getting 925 yet ?? no ones talking here in NZ

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
use nokia care suite to update, yeah its a pain you loose all settings but if you back up its not such a bad way to cut out a 3 moth wait for new firware.
boxa72 do you guys have a date for getting 925 yet ?? no ones talking here in NZ

no not that I'm aware of:( I'll have a quick look now;)

Its not on the site but I sent Nokia Australia a tweet n I'll c how far that gets me altho being a Saturday I'd b surprised if I got n answer! Optus have got back to me on a weekend so u never know :/

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Nokia got back to me yesterday n they reckon they don't know yet which of course I don't believe for a minute!!!

Last edited:

sjpena

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Did you encounter any problems with flashing to an AT&T 820? Please post a link to the instructions. I'd like to do the same since it appears that AT&T is never going to release the update.

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I just got an unlock code from Vodafone Ireland and unlocked it today, still no new updates (1249) are you telling me ncs will find the newer firmware?? I think not ! Prove me wrong

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
I just got an unlock code from Vodafone Ireland and unlocked it today, still no new updates (1249) are you telling me ncs will find the newer firmware?? I think not ! Prove me wrong

Their is no guaranty that the firmware is there on the servers, but if it is you will be able to flash it to your phone.

I actually remember reading that thread, but totally for got about that method to get firmware. lol

wmgreenjr

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Can you send them to me too? Thanks!

Holy bleep they are right...the '1314' ATT 820 North America is in Nokia Care Suites to download and update. Not sure how long it has been there (I checked a while back and it was not) but I ASSUME this means ATT will be sending out the 'over-the-air' update soon....but then again it is ATT :) Here is a link on how to use Nokia Care Suites update (but remember this resets your phone so do the normal backup thing and maybe screen capture your start screen if you want everything exactly the same). Can't wait to clear up storage!!!!!!!!!!
[New] Nokia Care Suite PST 5.0 2013.13.4.4 - GSM-Forum

And here is a print screen of what I am downloading...I assume all ATT USA 820 phones will be the same:
Capture.PNG

edit: well my download failed about halfway through, but it failed last time I was at work when I downloaded my current firmware so I will try later tonight or early in the week again.

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
Holy bleep they are right...the '1314' ATT 820 North America is in Nokia Care Suites to download and update. Not sure how long it has been there (I checked a while back and it was not) but I ASSUME this means ATT will be sending out the 'over-the-air' update soon....but then again it is ATT :) Here is a link on how to use Nokia Care Suites update (but remember this resets your phone so do the normal backup thing and maybe screen capture your start screen if you want everything exactly the same). Can't wait to clear up storage!!!!!!!!!!
[New] Nokia Care Suite PST 5.0 2013.13.4.4 - GSM-Forum

And here is a print screen of what I am downloading...I assume all ATT USA 820 phones will be the same:

edit: well my download failed about halfway through, but it failed last time I was at work when I downloaded my current firmware so I will try later tonight or early in the week again.

Did you get it to work. I had no issues yesterday.

So far it seems a bit quicker, and my first call had no issues (noise cancelation bug). Battery seems better on standby, but still drains quickly with any use.

wmgreenjr

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Did you get it to work. I had no issues yesterday.

So far it seems a bit quicker, and my first call had no issues (noise cancelation bug). Battery seems better on standby, but still drains quickly with any use.

My firmware download failed halfway through...I tried a few times. I will try again when I get home...if I can download the firmware I will update if it worked for me or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans