Crippling Screen Problem

Wutpear

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,
So I have had my Lumia 820 for about 9 days now and I just ran into a problem with its screen. After the phone died recently I immediately plugged it in to resume whatever I was doing on it, but the Screen began to flicker on and off. This happened for about 3 minutes when the screen eventually just flickered off... permanently. I looked around on the internet for quite sometime but no one really has my problem; everyone has the restart/reboot/crash problem where they have to pull the battery out and there phone restarts.My 820 has no random reboots and aside from the screen being black seemingly functions as normal(camera button prompts vibration, can turn on and off i think?). Even if I try the battery removal method i cant get the screen to turn on again. I soft reset it, did what I think was a hard reset(I cant see the ******* screen), and I updated the firmware. Nothing works I can't get the screen to come back to life. The obvious answer to my woes is to talk to Nokia and get a replacement, but I'm not entirely sure that's possible as I am not the original consumer of this product. I bought this phone as a cheap/durable phone with Nokia's brand name to back up that durability; I cant believe how disappointed I am.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
The obvious answer to my woes is to talk to Nokia and get a replacement, but I'm not entirely sure that's possible as I am not the original consumer of this product. I bought this phone as a cheap/durable phone with Nokia's brand name to back up that durability; I cant believe how disappointed I am.

The obvious answer IS to get the phone serviced. The only reason they won't is if the phone was worked on...Have you ever thought you bought a phone that someone dunked? You shouldn't need to show proof of purchase, since OBVIOUSLY you bought the phone less than a year ago.

Typically people aren't ditching/selling 3-4 month old phones for no reason.

Wutpear

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
The phone was working flawlessly up to this point and I'm confident it was virtually unused because the screen and casing were completely unscratched. I've even noticed some wear since I started using compared to the perfect state it was in when i got it. It was a very well reviewed seller, someone who had sold countless things in the past and always had a good review. The sticker was even still on the back when I got it and it was in the original packaging the cables seemingly untouched. I didn't **** around buying this.

On another note I did check Nokia's website and they have a tool for checking out the warranty on your device. Obviously the tool told me my device was still on warranty in the U.S. but are you saying they won't know I wasn't the original purchaser and will still service it anyways?

Actually I looked back at the old purchase's info page; this unit was a store demo unit before I got it if that makes any difference.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
On another note I did check Nokia's website and they have a tool for checking out the warranty on your device. Obviously the tool told me my device was still on warranty in the U.S. but are you saying they won't know I wasn't the original purchaser and will still service it anyways?

I have never dealt with Nokia Customer Care, so I am not certain, but I'd guess they wouldn't care. You could also ask the seller for the information that he received when purchasing the item, they might help out.

Actually I looked back at the old purchase's info page; this unit was a store demo unit before I got it if that makes any difference.

Hmmmmm, now that might throw a wrench into things. If it was a demo unit it could have been pre-release and have a different version number...and if it was a unit that Nokia just gave out for free in hopes that the "seller" would show it off then they might be extra curious as to why a one off customer is returning the product.

i think I'd call it a toss up if I would go to the seller first (to get the background info) or if I would just start with Nokia directly.

Wutpear

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Im pretty sure this isn't some special store unit because the way the phone was packaged and stickered makes me think it is just a typical 820.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Im pretty sure this isn't some special store unit because the way the phone was packaged and stickered makes me think it is just a typical 820.

I was thinking It could have been a demo unit but never put out onto the floor. So packaged just the same, but was a very early model / revision.. So, nothing any different functionality at all...just a different model number somewhere...?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs