Not able to connect via internet sharing

May 8, 2013
Visit site
when i connect my laptop or my friends device via internet sharing with my lumia 820...getting ! symbol near internet symbol on my laptop and my friends are unable to use internet though they get connected!! pls help me:cry::shocked:

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
when i connect my laptop or my friends device via internet sharing with my lumia 820...getting ! symbol near internet symbol on my laptop and my friends are unable to use internet though they get connected!! pls help me:cry::shocked:

First of all, is internet tethering part of your wireless plan? (despite being called "tethering" this encompasses all means of sharing your phones internet through standard means, via cable or wireless.)

Second, did you turn off wifi (im pretty sure you cant have wifi in the "on" position when you use this)

Third, try "access point" under settings to make sure you carrier settings are set right (if you don't have that option under settings, get "Lumia Pusher" from the store to find and download "Access Point".)

clbarker10

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Are you on AT&T? if so you have to have the (I think it is 5gb) data plan. Only the highest data plans allow tethering. I was told that I had tethering before on my Samsung focus flash and the phone even had an option to turn it on yet I had downgraded from 4gb data to 3gb data and even though I was able to activate it and connect, It would not send data because I had the 3gb plan. They changed the 4gb data plan I think but I'm pretty sure you have to have 4gb or higher to use that feature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb