Australian 1308 update

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
If u live in Australia and own a Nokia Lumia 820 your gonna love this bit of news especially if you're with Vodafone! The good people (NOT) at Vodafone have decided to pull the 1308 update as it was rebooting a few devices. I don't know how many but they pulled it on May 1. This is the 2nd update that they've botched, the other being the 7.8 update for Windows Phone 7. That debacle went on for months so you can expect to be resetting your phone a few more times until they fix things. Its totally unacceptable! Which is why I'm changing carriers😉

BHFH

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I still don't have 1308 even though I have an unlocked phone. Bought from Mr Harvey and on Telstra network. By the time we get this, the next update will have been released.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking Optus atm. Yeah I got mine unlocked from Harvey Norman too but Vodafone Australia are pathetic!! They are so busy playing catch up with 4G that they've forgotten they have a 3G network:( I live in Surry Hills in Sydney n sometimes I don't have reception for 10mins!! That's unacceptable in this day an age. As far as I know Optus released 1308 a while ago n technically I should get it as soon as I change😉

radic100

May 9, 2012
Visit site
voda may or may not have it for the handsets that they sell with a contract. not sure. but i know voda's excuse for the update not being brought to unlocked phones bought at stores like harvey norman or dicksmith or jbhifi is a matter of loyalty - they're def bringing it to their phones, but "can't help us" who have bought phones elsewhere other than vodafone itself.

My question is are you sure optus doesn't have the same sentiment? and are willing to push the update for unlocked's?

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Nah bro u still will get it from Vodafone unlocked as I did with my 620. Vodafone reckon tha update got pulled coz Nokia found a bug that made SOME 820's reset emselves but I doubt Nokia would give em a faulty update so I think they botched it once again just like the 7.8 update that took em 3mths to get right! It only seems to be Vodafone Australia that can't get there act together. Vodafone has no say on who does or doesn't get the update coz it's from Nokia/Microsoft!!!

BHFH

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Any Aussies got the update yet on unbranded 820? My patience is wearing thin with MS and Nokia, I want that update for storage fix.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Any Aussies got the update yet on unbranded 820? My patience is wearing thin with MS and Nokia, I want that update for storage fix.

I take it ur with Vodafone like me?? Vodafone Australia are pathetic n its why I'm moving to Optus on Monday. Vodafone have botched 2 updates this yr alone!! If u r with Vodafone move to Optus or Telstra

conanrob

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I take it ur with Vodafone like me?? Vodafone Australia are pathetic n its why I'm moving to Optus on Monday. Vodafone have botched 2 updates this yr alone!! If u r with Vodafone move to Optus or Telstra

I'm unbranded on Telstra and haven't got it either. They are all as bad as each other

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I flashed mine as i got impatient with vodafone NZ i now run 1308 0003 which is AUS unbranded, ive had no problems since :)

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Unbranded phones theoretically should get firmware 1st because the idea of getting n unbranded phone is 2 cut out the middle man (vodafail, Telstra n Optus). Its only OS updates that Telco's should have any interference with but it seems with their ridiculous requirements eg; no Datasense, etc that they insist on testing firmware updates! Nokia make firmware that is compatible with every Windows Phone 8 on the planet but have to code it differently for every region coz of language which is understandable but they've also gotta code it slightly different for every carrier. Its a global village now, so other than language there should be no reason why I can't get on a plane n fly to Rio n have a working phone but sadly because of carriers we have this debacle where 6 million WP8 phones are on different firmware :(

BHFH

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm Telstra. But I don't have a carrier problem as I have an unbranded phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster