Missing Files on SD Cards

Angel Gambon

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I?ve got my new Lumia 820 and had a Nokia SD Card inserted and loaded with all my photos, music, videos, etc from my old phone. It appears to be good at first but when I tried to add songs to the memory card, the new songs won?t appear on the music menu.. I tried to eject the card and re-transferred the files. I could see the files on the memory card but when I inserted it on the lumia, he files are still missing. I wish there is a FILE MANAGER on Lumia so we could check existing files on both phone and memory card but I can?t find it either. I even tried rebooting my Lumia but still the file is missing. I tried again transferring a single song from my laptop to the memory card 3x in different folders inside my memory card but still that song won?t appear. I am so damn sure the mp3 file is working. I am very upset.I cant even create playlists with the songs I wanted in just one playlist. Can somebody please help me? Thanks in advance! <3

Ertonimus

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I can't say what's causing it for sure but I just ran into a similar problem with my 521. I found it to be a corrupt file system on my SD card. I would load a 64gb SD with music and it would take awhile to transfer everything so I assumed everything was working. When I put the card in my phone only a small fraction of the songs appeared. I put the card back in my computer to confirm the files actually transferred. At first glance it appeared that they did because all the folders were there. When opening the folders though I found the actual music files to be missing.

Maybe this is happening to you too? Try using another SD card maybe and return the one you bought.

Out of curiosity I was transferring from Mac formatted external hard drive through my mac to the card. Were you also using a mac? Been wondering if that had anything to do with it.

Angel Gambon

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply! I restarted my macbook, yes I am using mac btw; and checked the songs I just transferred to the sd card and found the songs there, only some of them are in invisible form and the file sizes are zero. I dont know what happened. I watched them being transferred in the first place so I deleted them and retransferred the songs again. Finally the songs appeared (after so many attempts! *sighs)

Your case also happened to me before. I have my songs arranged in folders accdg to the artists. The songs really are missing while the folders are seemed to be there.

Also, have you tried connecting your phone to your Mac or any Windows pc? Well I tried and it is not recognizing my phone. It only appears to be charging the battery. I feel so upset about it. File Manager is not even available on the Lumia 820. I hate the fact that I have to switch off my phone and remove the card so I could edit it on the computer via a card reader. Is there an app that could be downloaded for free to resolve this sh**?

Another one, why can’t I add files from my macbook to my external hard disk? It is a 298GB Toshiba Hard Disk. Too bad I cant transfer my files. It says the disk is Read Only or something like that. What can I do so I would be able to add files to my external disk? My macbook is full but I cant lose the files. Please help me with this... Thanks! Muaaah!

Ertonimus

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Just seeing this now. Sounds like we had the exact same problem with the SD cards. Glad to hear you were able to get it working eventually. I ended up getting a Surface pro and am in the process of selling my Mac, so I've also solved my problem:)

The issue with your hard drive is that it was originally formatted for a PC. Mac uses a different file system so you can't natively transfer files between your mac computer and your PC hard drive. I'm going through the same thing in reverse with my Mac formatted external hard drive and my surface pro. I was able to find a program that allows my Windows 8 machine to recognize the Mac file system and I'm good to go. I imagine there are similar programs for doing it the other way too. Just google "transfer files from PC hard drive to Mac" I bet something will come up.

To get your Mac to recognize your phone you need to download the windows phone app from the app store on your mac.

Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett