Lumia 820 Screen and Other problems

Joseph Pua

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I'd like to ask for some opinions and suggestions about my current problem.

Currently, my Lumia 820's screen, I suspect, is having some problems.

One example is that there's a 20% chance whenever I unlock my phone that I can't use the touchscreen for 10 seconds. I can press all the other keys (eg. volume, lock, camera), but the touch input on the screen itself doesn't work (eg. swiping, home button, etc.)
Another problem is that the three keys on the touchscreen (home button, back, search button) don't light up anymore. I wouldn't really mind, but due to this, I suspect that my screen has a defect.

Also, I had a serious crash two days ago where my phone got stuck in settings and I couldn't do anything. Touchscreen, other keys, nothing worked..... I had to remove the battery.

So, I'm wondering whether I should send it in for warranty, or all of these problems are normal?

Joseph Pua

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm on my latest update
Also, they don't light up anymore.. ever... or at least in the last few days where I've been trying to pay attention

nhendrata

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
hi.. i'm using nokia L820 too and i've been experiencing the crash that you mentioned above. so far - my Lumia820 has at least 5x crash/freeze/hang a day! i'm assuming when i was using it till the phone was heat up, it will crash immediately. always like that.

is there anybody elsa that had this kind of problem?

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I have a 820 as well but have had none of these problems, well not ongoing so I haven't noticed. I think it's crashed once. Phones will crash automatically to protect themselves when they overheat but if ur having 5 crashes a day that sounds excessive. Were u gaming or was this just run of the mill use??

Kim Kirby

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
My 820 has never crashed until the cortana upgrade. now my live tiles don't work..cant access my pics, contacts, search..nothing!! did u install cortana too?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99