any recommendations for larger capactiy battery for the 820?

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
aunt's 820 which she recently bought doesn't seem to last very long when data is enabled. with it disabled it is fine, but that's sort of pointless unless she is always near a wifi hotspot. she would have to charge it twice a day at the rate it seems to drain. it' also drains rather drastically while connected to data during non use and is just idle/locked in her bag/pocket. she hasn't installed any apps yet. any recommendations for either a battery that doesn't seem to drain as fast regardless of its capacity or just a reliable higher capacity battery that hopefully doesn't need a larger back plate (as I want to eventually get her as a gift the wireless charging backplate and a wireless charger)? she likes the phone otherwise but the battery seems to be an issue. thanks for the help

edit: or do you think she should exchange it due to possible faulty hardware(radio)/battery?

clbarker10

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Anytime you purchase a new battery you need to condition it. Keep running it through a full cycle. Charge it to the Max and then let it fully drain. Repeat this and the battery will show better performance. Her location can be an issue. Some areas are hard for the radio to maintain a signal and it puts a toll on the battery. One thing you can do is call the Service provider (I'm guessing that is AT&T) and tell them to reset the network for that phone.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah try hard resetting it, see if that helps, call your service provider about it, etc.
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the advice! I will tell her to do that. I also noticed a bunch of at&t bloatware running in the background so i got rid of all of that and just sort of tweaked her settings. ran updates. so far so good, at home at least. I think where she works is one of those dead spot areas that just drains battery due to the radio struggling to find/stay solidly connected on any one network. her co workers complain their phones drain there as well. i'll tell her when it's convenient to fully drain the battery a few times. thanks again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3