Visual Voicemail not working after Windows Update - Lumia 820

janelle9

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
After a software update of my phone last Thursday, I seemed to have lost my Visual Voicemail setting. When I press my phone icon, a window pops up requesting my Visual Voicemail password. When I enter my password, the window pops up again requesting I put in my password. This continues until I select "cancel." I have called my phone provider and they have reset my password a few times, they say my settings on their end look fine so my Visual Voicemail should work, but it doesn't. They also said that the windows update should not affect my Visual Voicemail. I have also noticed that it is no longer an option under phone settings. Help...

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi Janelle, welcome to WPCentral. This is a strange problem. If the only thing that has changed is the update and your carrier hasn't changed anything other than your password your end it might be worth trying a soft or hard reset on your phone. I would try doing a soft reset first and seeing if it works. If you still get the same problem see if there are any more knowledgeable people around to help you with this problem and if you still don't get anywhere try a hard reset. Here's what you need to know about both types of reset and how to do them:

[note]
Soft Reset: By pressing down the Volume Down + Power buttons for 10-15 seconds (or until the device vibrates) you can perform a soft reset on your device. This is a little bit like a factory reset for your phone's OS only you get to keep all of your personal data. Think of it like restarting your PC. This is the first thing you should try if your device is behaving oddly.

Hard Reset: By going to settings>about>reset your phone you can completely wipe your phone of your personal data (ideal if you're going to send in your phone for repair or sell it). Your phone will turn off and you'll see spinning gears for a while (up to an hour or so) and when it's done you will see the same screens you saw when you first turned on your phone out of the box. You'll have to sign in with your Microsoft account again and start over.
[/note]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923