Press call button and screen goes blank, have to pull the battery out to fix it.. HELP PLZ?

PrincessRipper

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
As soon as i press the call button on my phone the screen goes blank. If i press the on/off button a few times the screen quickly flashes up and looks as though its calling but i can not hear anything.. I can press and hold the camera button and the flash comes on and looks as though its taken a picture, but the screen is still blank. My only solution at the moment is pulling the back off and taking the battery out. Every thing else works fine.. This is very annoying!! Does anyone have any advice?

UPDATE:
I have discovered that the phone works totally fine until I either press the call button or press the lock/unlock button. When its all good and I press the button to lock the screen it goes blank, as it should, then if you press it again to unlock it brings up the screen saver where you would normally swipe up, but now its not responsive to touch on the screen, I can press and hold lock/unlock on/off and the swipe down to turn off screen comes up, but again the screen is non responsive to touch, and to fix it all I can do is take the battery out and turn it back on and again it works totally fine, until calling or locking the screen.. does this help anyone to know what my problem is?

Last edited:

89caps

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Here are a couple of my thoughts:

Once you begin a call, the screen will shut off if something is blocking the proximity sensor near the ear piece. It is meant to turn off the screen when the phone is up to your ear. Some users have experienced dust in their sensor which will keep the screen off constantly.

I have also noticed that you cannot take pictures well when on a call. The phone will switch to the camera mode briefly, snap a picture,and switch back to the dialer without letting you get a good picture.

If what you are experiencing is happening when you are not on a call, then you have a big problem and need to get the phone checked out. Maybe a hard reset will work.

madyrocksin

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Had the same problem with my new lumia 520, tried hard resetting a couple of times, but the problem came out to be a faulty proximity sensor and was thus replaced.
If your problem appeared after some update then it can be related to software issue, if not than you might need to get it checked by the nokia people.

Proximity sensor is a small dot near the ear piece, if you want to check whether its faulty or not, check your phone in a dark place, the small dot should appear a distinguishable black, but if its faulty the small dot will appear always red !!

nandakishore

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I am also facing same problem when I bought Anti Reflecting Screen Guard for my Nokia 520 before using the screen guard its works fine, after using the screen guard the screen goes blank when i call any number. So I formatted phone too without knowing the exact reason. After searching the here due to sensor problem this is happening and I removed the screen guard and its now working fine. While buying the screen guard make sure that your sensor is not covered with screen guard.

Hope this information is useful..

Regards

Nandu :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo