Nokia Music on the Lumia 820

dipankar_mitra

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
For anyone else who bought a 820 in India... did you guys get a 1 year or 6 months free subscription to Nokia Music?
I thought (although I may be mistaken) that Nokia was providing this for all smartphones since the N8. Not sure if I should be entitled to this or not :smile:
Besides, the music store itself seems to show billing in US dollars, and albums/songs seem to be way more expensive than the iTunes store!
Maybe there's something wrong with the Nokia Music app on my phone?

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Nokia music for one year on lumia 820 in India. Have you activated your subscription? If not, that may be why you are seeing those prices.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
To activate your subscription, go to Nokia Music > Settings > Sign in. If you dont have a Nokia account you can create one there.

The location referred to is that of your language+region settings in the main Settings of your phone. That should be India.

dipankar_mitra

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Language+Region is set to English & India respectively, and I was also logged in to my Nokia account. In fact, there is no option in Nokia Music to Sign-In, as it is already signed in to my account. The place where "Sign In" was, it shows my username, and "Available credit" as $ 0.00 :angry:

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Language+Region is set to English & India respectively, and I was also logged in to my Nokia account. In fact, there is no option in Nokia Music to Sign-In, as it is already signed in to my account. The place where "Sign In" was, it shows my username, and "Available credit" as $ 0.00 :angry:
That's odd. I cant understand why that should be... Sorry. Take it back to the store you bought it from or to Nokia care?

dipankar_mitra

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
OK, looks like that's what I should do. I've already tried pinging Nokia India on social media. Let's see if they are active enough to reply and solve my issue (I'm guessing not).
I'll call up their customer care maybe tomorrow. Will keep everyone updated on this via this thread.

dipankar_mitra

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
OK, so just got off the phone with Nokia customer care, about an hour back. They confirmed that, yes, I'm indeed entitled to a year's free subscription with the 820.
After digging a bit deeper, the customer care executive informed me that the reason why I don't see any free music downloads in Nokia Music is because I had logged in with an existing Nokia account. I was supposed to create a new account. Well... looks like Nokia services guys are still goofing off since Symbian. Anyways, so I thought it's a minor irritant, but let's create a new account. So I did, and guess what... No EFF'ING CHANGE. Yes, I deleted the old account from the phone, added new one, made sure I signed in with new one, and Nokia Music still shows me the US store, with Jay-Z's latest crap selling at $10.99! It still shows my username with Credit : $0.00.
...and yes, I uninstalled and re-installed Nokia Music, as any "clueless, but tech-savvy guy" would do!

dipankar_mitra

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
OK, this problem is now solved. It took about 2 phone resets, and setup, and finally got it right when I skipped logging into the Microsoft live account on the phone setup screen.
Without signing into the MS account, just after the phone sets up, I went into Nokia music, and created a new Nokia account, and then it worked for me. Kind of buggy, but at least it works now.
My only issue with Nokia Music is that there is no way to create playlists! It even does not have the "Recently Purchased" or "Recently Added" auto-playlist, and this makes music listening a bit cumbersome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon