Nokia Lumia 820 and Car Stereo Compatiblity

DinkyPanda

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I have recently bought my first car and I am wanting to swap the standard car stereo with something more sophisticated. Now you may not believe this but my car has no electrical port such as a cig lighter in it so am a little desperate to find a car stereo.

All I would like is a car stereo that will charge my phone I don't need it to play my music which I probably won't want it to do as am going to be using my phone hopefully as a SatNav/handsfree.
Has anyone out there got or know of a car stereo with dual USB ports which will actually charge my phone???

DinkyPanda

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure most Kenwood stereos have a USB port that outputs enough power to charge the device as well. I'm not too sure of any that has dual ports though...

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
You may find a better solution is to wire in a *** lighter. It's not so complex, just wire it to the fuse box and make sure you buy the right fuse.

Gavin1980

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the Sony XAV - 601BT got it from amazon for about ?350 the front port on it charges my phone (Lumia 820) and the bluetooth on the stereo does everything else, it brings up the track names and names of callers when your calling and you can use the touch panel on the stero to play, pause, skip fst forward. Best stereo i've ever had!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte