Problem while making or receiving a call - Nokia Lumia 820

rohitks

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have bought a lumia 820 on 26th Jan'13 and it's working great until last few days the problem is persisting. Let me spell out the problem that i am facing.

i) Few days back i was making a call on my phone but suddenly the screen went dark without showing any calling details but in the background the call was being connected nevertheless.

ii) whenever I am making a call the screen goes dark, I know you may say it's because of the proximity sensor but then it should happen when I am taking my phone near to my ear and the screen should come alive once it's removed from there and again being used generally to cut the call or add any calls/text etc.

iii) one more thing generally that problem would be gone if I press the power button and again unlock it, not this time. When I am pressing the lock/power button it's just blinking once and again going dark. I don't know how to use any additional feature in between the calls due to this problem.

I don't know whether this is a hardware or software issue.
Kindly help me out and hope I was able to clear out my problem correctly

Thanks & Regards,

Rohit Kumar Singh

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
It may be as simple as something interfering with the proximity sensor such as a screen protector, one of those wallet/flip type of cases, dirty smudges on the screen or dust under the screen blocking the sensor. It's also been known for strong sunlight to interfere with proximity sensors but if this issue is still there when you're indoors or using your phone at night then sunlight won't be the cause.
If none of the above is causing this problem then the sensor itself may be malfunctioning, in which case you will need to submit your phone to Nokia care for inspection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos