Audio problem while making calls

dinesh_altius

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys,

I've this problem, while making or receiving calls in my lumia 820 the person on the other side cannot hear me. It's been bothering me for a long time. Only when I remove my phone from ears and take it near my mouth or use the earphones, the person on the other can hear me. I tried different ways to hold my phone while on a call but they all have yielded nothing. Any of the 820 owners experienced the same problem and have overcome it ?
Please help me out here, I can't have my earphone with me every time when I'm on call.

Many thanks.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys,

I've this problem, while making or receiving calls in my lumia 820 the person on the other side cannot hear me. It's been bothering me for a long time. Only when I remove my phone from ears and take it near my mouth or use the earphones, the person on the other can hear me. I tried different ways to hold my phone while on a call but they all have yielded nothing. Any of the 820 owners experienced the same problem and have overcome it ?
Please help me out here, I can't have my earphone with me every time when I'm on call.

Many thanks.
That does not seem normal. Do you have a Nokia Care Center in your area? I would suggest taking the device in for exchange or repair.

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Yeah i too experience the same problem since i bought this phone 3months back. Its a kinda manufacturing defect i suppose.
Didn't get time to contact nokia care yet.
Everyone on the other side tell that they can't hear me.. No such problem with earphone.

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
The problem is exactly like what you've described..
Lets wait for the amber update. If it issnt getting corrected by amber update, hardware needs to be checked from NCC

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
This is a not software problem.

If I were you, I would try to remove the screen protector. I have heard many similar complaints and all were related to that. Even that does not cover the microphone.

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
This is a not software problem.

If I were you, I would try to remove the screen protector. I have heard many similar complaints and all were related to that. Even that does not cover the microphone.
Oh, ive put a new matte screenguard only recently.. Don't feel like removing it now.. So for the time being i gotta adjust with the poor call quality 😞
Btw im downloading amber now.. Lemme see if it helps in any way..Will let u guys know after tthe update ..

dinesh_altius

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I've no screen guard and protective back case. I'm using the mobile as I received from the box. Heard this is a widely reported issue. How can Nokia be blind on this?

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
I had this issue with my AT&T 820. I flashed the last update (not Amber) instead of doing it OTA got rid of the problem for me. Before the update I went as far as sending it to Nokia, but it didn't help. Also you may want to make sure any cases or protective coverings give plenty of room to both mics. My first case covered up both to a point of making the issue worse.

Sent from my Lumia 720 using Tapatalk

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Updated my L820 to Amber today.. Did a few calls after that.. Noone complained that they cant hear me..(Earlier almost everyone used to complain so) Has the update solved my problem or issit a placebo.. Gotta wait and confirm.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Updated my L820 to Amber today.. Did a few calls after that.. Noone complained that they cant hear me..(Earlier almost everyone used to complain so) Has the update solved my problem or issit a placebo.. Gotta wait and confirm.

akks, I read again what you wrote at first place and realized I was misunderstanding your problem.

I almost made ​​you miss a screen protection for nothing.. Sorry for that!

shoodav

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I have same problem with 6 month old nokia 520. Have been told in Vodafone shop that the internal speakers have blown. Currently phone away for repair.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett