Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi all,

There is an issue I found out this weekend with my AT&T unlocked Lumia 820.
    I was at the park and there was a concert going on, so I decided to catch a couple of songs with my Lumia 820. That was a huge mistake.
    Went home and played back the captured videos and OMG: The video is choppy and the audio is awfull, you can't even distinguish anything, it souds terrible (like when you have a mic facing the wind)
    It was of my understanting that Nokia uses a Rich Audio Recording Chip in all phones released after the 808, they sued HTC for using the same chip!
    I saw videos on youtube showing how awesome this chip is, but on my 820 it is a dissaster. Even the crappy Galaxy Ace sounded better, as a friend of mine was standing next to me with one and on hers, the audio sounded fine (not that good, but better than mine)
    Is there something I am missing out on? Some setting or adjustment needed in order to get a decent audio recording out of this phone?

The phone has over 2GB of free space with a 64GB MicroSD card (where the videos and pictures are stored)

Global Posts
    32,214 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Does all video look and sound bad, or was it only this particular video?

Well, I took 3 videos that day and all have the same issue. Couple days before that I took a couple videos of a college band performing on the street and the video was choppy at times but the audio sounded ok, well, as long as I did not get too close to any of the instruments they were playing.

I uploaded a video sample of the recording so you can get what I mean