UK unbranded 820 GDR2 now 'Coming Soon'.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Actually, 'Waiting for approval' means 'In the next few months'. Once we hit 'Coming soon' status on the release list it means it is much closer than that. If we haven't got it by the end of next week at the latest I'll be surprised, and I'm expecting that it may be here a little sooner than that.

The main problem is the bug in GDR2 that means it often uses 3G when it is supposedly connected to WiFi which can prove VERY expensive. I may have to hold off updating until a fixed version is released, but Datasense... It's a tough decision.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Actually, 'Waiting for approval' means 'In the next few months'. Once we hit 'Coming soon' status on the release list it means it is much closer than that. If we haven't got it by the end of next week at the latest I'll be surprised, and I'm expecting that it may be here a little sooner than that.

I would have like it yesterday. :winktongue:

infinidim

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
If this information is coming from the Nokia website they are mentioning that 1232.5957.1308.0003 UK country variant is coming soon. This version I have had for a few months now and is not Amber.

Nokia have the wrong information up on their website for the 820 in the UK.

Johnny XB one

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
If this information is coming from the Nokia website they are mentioning that 1232.5957.1308.0003 UK country variant is coming soon. This version I have had for a few months now and is not Amber.

Nokia have the wrong information up on their website for the 820 in the UK.

They have the correct information that is the current version, Amber is the next version and will carry a different version number.

Eren68

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
It's available now via Nokia Software Updater for Retail software. Am downloading it now. Be aware using this method will erase your device. My 820 is a UK unbranded unlocked RM-825

Eren68

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
When the install is near complete, you'll probably get a message on the screen saying 'Enter PIN and blah blah'..... Just ignore it but don't unplug your phone. All in all it took 10 mins approx. Very painless. I just logged into Windowsphone site and re-installed only the apps I wanted back from my 'purchased' list. I also installed Pro Cam too. Very VERY nice :smile:

iainmann

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Yup...painless here too. Chose to restore from backup during phone set-up and all apps now automatically downloading. Will be interested to see if GDR2 sorts out the "other" storage problem.

Danny King

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Very painless updating to Amber / GDR2 using Nokia Software Updater, now have UK CV Amber version on my phone, also despite it 'wiping' all your data, it's very painless to restore as it automatically restores everything when you sign into your Microsoft account, just a case of backing up photos and music.

acousticpoem

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Same here but taking an age on the ready to install 100% stage. Nokia site still saying coming soon.

The spinning gears been running for nearly 20 mins now.

Took over an hour but no up and running. Data sense on start screen. All seem to work well

Last edited:

acousticpoem

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Wouldnt get too excited battery performance much worse with all Amber bits turned off. Stand by drain is better but usage drain much worse. Lost over 40% with 2 calls lasting less than 5 mins, 20 mins on net and checking emails 3 times. Big disapointment only 4G option is good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb