Do you have AT&T - are you keeping your 820?

dayoungtx

May 20, 2013
Visit site
So, for those of you with an 820 it seems as if there really isn't going to be much support for the 820 going forward. Are you happy enough with your phone to stick with it or will you be looking to make a change? I love the phone, but am wondering if it is a lost cause; are we going to ever get Amber, are we going to get GDR 3 what about 8.1??? Is this the AT&T philosophy, let phones go obsolete and not care at all about those users??

haydt1

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Been thinking the same thing myself. While the 820 is OK and Amber for me isn't really going to add anything I need I'd still like to get updates in some sort of timely manner. ATT has pushed out updates for IOS and all sort of droids the last couple weeks and still here we sit with not even this minor update. If this is the best MS/Nokia can do it may be time to move on.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I just went and purchased a Galaxy S3 Mini ($275) and am going to use it with the sim from my 820; switching back and forth. That way if the 820 gets left out I can put the sim in the Mini and truck on. But (and this is only if they don't support the 820) when my contract ends I will drop AT&T like a hot potato and go with T-mobile (they have 4Glte in my area). The 820 is a great phone and fits my needs exactly; but I will put up with AT&T's BS only so long and then they can GTHell. AT&T has burned too many bridges. Most 920 owners feel the same way. I just got a new 23" HP all in one touch screen and I got the 820 because it works great with the Win 8 computer. But if AT&T does not support the Lumia phone I will go back to Android (have two Android tablets) and say goodby to WP8. I like it alot; but support is important, and no support is a deal breaker.

tpbklake

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I just went and purchased a Galaxy S3 Mini ($275) and am going to use it with the sim from my 820; switching back and forth. That way if the 820 gets left out I can put the sim in the Mini and truck on. But (and this is only if they don't support the 820) when my contract ends I will drop AT&T like a hot potato and go with T-mobile (they have 4Glte in my area). The 820 is a great phone and fits my needs exactly; but I will put up with AT&T's BS only so long and then they can GTHell. AT&T has burned too many bridges. Most 920 owners feel the same way. I just got a new 23" HP all in one touch screen and I got the 820 because it works great with the Win 8 computer. But if AT&T does not support the Lumia phone I will go back to Android (have two Android tablets) and say goodby to WP8. I like it alot; but support is important, and no support is a deal breaker.

i been thinking the same thing. I like the 820 and it is doing just fine without Amber, but the S3 mini has peaked my interest at that $275 price point. It would be nice to play with a more recent Android, especially a Samsung.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
i been thinking the same thing. I like the 820 and it is doing just fine without Amber, but the S3 mini has peaked my interest at that $275 price point. It would be nice to play with a more recent Android, especially a Samsung.

S3 Mini? Why? You could get a Nexus 4 16GB for that price.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
The Nexus 4 is sold out and they won't be making any more because the Nexus 5 is about to be released. Don't want a used one or a refurbushed.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Just got a message on Windows Phone Central that AT&T will be pushing out GDR 2 (amber) tomorrow Sept 10th. Damn; now we have nothing to complain about anymore. Maybe it won't work, hahahahahahah, only kidding.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers