Battery Usage

kingcartwright

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I recently purchased a used 820 and was wondering if I'm getting typical battery usage or I should go purchase a new one?

Few background apps, twitter bing weather bing sport Facebook and check e-mails every hour, been in my pocket 90% of the time since charge

Attachments

• 01.png
    01.png
    76.4 KB · Views: 2

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Even idling you'll be lucky to get two a full two days. With usage, battery is pretty sad. You can get a modest day out of it but you have to work around the battery. Eventually you'll learn to use it sparingly to get it to last the whole day. Don't be afraid to charge it when you can (even if only for two minutes)- the battery won't be negatively affected. For 15USD you can buy two batteries on amazon (brand onite) that come with a direct to battery wall charger. Not sure if they're as good as the stock battery, but damn that's a deal.

TonyHove

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Definitely carrying an extra battery is a good idea if you are a heavy user. I can barely get through a day on a single charge

Gavincol78

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I have got a branded and locked L820 and only get around 15-18 hours out it. My wife however has a stock and unlocked L820 and she can get a good 30+ hours using the same GDR3 bu she has the CV GB (non branded) firmware where I have the Orange/EE UK branded firmware. So my question is are you using a CV or network branded firmware (Settings > About Phone > Phone Information, Carrier will be either CV xx or NETWORK?

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I have had my 820 about six months. I have no problem getting 2 days plus a few hours on my 820. I do what I want when I want but I have learned what apks to avoid and what settings to use to get good battery life. When I put something on it that causes problems I fix it or remove it so it does not cause poor battery life. It took awhile; but good battery life on the 820 is very possible even though it has a 1650 battery. There are many apks out there that cause problems and using the wrong settings can also cause problems with battery life. What I learned I got from other OP's on this site, not a brain myself; just your average Joe. And I only have GDR2 (which did help battery life). Waiting on the formal release of GDR3. I have two extra batteries; but I have not used either one yet. No reason too.

redevil_saNEsh

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
In my fone just showing 10 hour even i have 88%.. ��������.. Any suggestions to increase this..

denis81

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
The battery information first predictions are always incorrect.
The first days I got my Lumia 820, it always said "20 hours remaining" at 100% charge. The real discharge time was 36 hours.
One month later the same metter shows "1 day and 2 hours". The real discharge time is the same.

Gavincol78

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday pre-flashing I was registering ~18-19 hours on a full charge with Orange UK branded firmware then I managed to flash with a stock CV GB firmware and right this minute it states 36% left after 18 hours so getting a full day with 36% battery life left. The strangest thing is at 36% left it estimates 2 days remaining LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills