2500mAh battery for Lumia 820!

GraemeT

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
My 2500mAh's second cycle finished a day or two or ago. Results as first posted. On the third cycle now and the battery seems to be draining a little faster. I have been out in the sticks, though, where the data signal isn't as strong. Some say this slugs the battery a bit. Remember, I'm just recounting what my battery meter is telling me.

It'll be great when others get one of these and report their findings. I accept that a report from one source should be taken with a pinch of salt. That said, I'm a bit suprised that this topic hasn't gained a bit more momentum.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The fact is that you cant put much more mAh in the same space. Some small differences of course can be achieved. Also its possible that the original battery has less mAh than could have been squeezed in and there is empty space. Who knows why, maybe to save money by the OEM. But we will see when it get here.

BTW I bought one from the website from my bed, just before I went to sleep after seeing this topic 17usd or something. Few days later when I was on a bigger screen I digged little more and found he sells the same batteries for cheaper at eBay. I emailed him and he was kind enough to partially refund me so the price was near the eBay price.

Ill let you guys know as soon as I have it running.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok then, can you please remove the MPJ sticker from battery?

Maybe we can see the real capacity and solve this 2500mAh mystery
cool.png

I have the Ativ and its supposed to be 2800mAh. Ativ has 2300mAh stock battery. Well see when I have it. Could take longer to receive because of x-mas though.

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I have gotten the battery just now, and I have to say that I'm not surprised that it's a scam. I'm quite disappointed, maybe a little regret since I could've used the $20 for something more (eg. food or laser tag with friends). Please do not get duped by the reviews, while it has 5 stars all in all, Battery Pro+ reports the same 1650mAh capacity. Like others said, the higher the capacity, the thicker and heavier the battery has to be. But the battery has the exact same size (not thicker nor thinner) and weight as the stock battery, maybe a bit lighter, and has a cheap feel to it. Although it was nice of them to include a phone case, which isn't even the right model.

Battery Pro+ reports 1650mAh. This is the only app I know that reports battery capacity.
wp_ss_20131212_0003.png

See attached pics. (Sorry about the quality, taken from Surface RT)

There, I have taken one for the team. I'm sorry to say this, but to those people who claim to have longer battery life, it's not. I believe they scammed using psychology. It's like scratching your head just because you know the person next to you has head lice, even though they don't. Unless someone can give me an actual proof reading of the battery capacity with 2500mAh, I'm still not convinced.

I'm scared to use the battery (especially charging wirelessly, which makes the phone case quite warm and could be fire hazard). I do not plan to return the battery, god knows how much the shipping would cost to return it, probably more expensive than buying it. So I'll let this one slip and be a lesson for me to not get duped so easy with Chinese products (even though I knew what I was getting into). Could serve a spare battery for travelling anyway.

Stock on the left, MPJ on the right. Notice the same thickness.
WIN_20131212_131232.JPG

Stock at bottom, MPJ on top. Same thickness.
WIN_20131212_131258.JPG

Stock and MPJ.
WIN_20131212_131315.JPG

The alleged Lumia 820 phone case.
WIN_20131212_131353.JPG

Last edited:

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Yup, not supriced at all of this. Almost 1000mAh bumb in same size does not sound logical. I read some mixed reviews about MPJ and figured the good ones might be fake, or from people not knowing what they are talking about.

How is the battery life with it? Let us know if you keep using it for a while.

BTW where do these battery apps get the mAh? I would assume they would need to calibrate from the battery to get the reading, count many cycles to get the real size? If its some chip sending the info, that could be programmed to send whatever...

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Not saying this because I think the MPJ battery will be 2500mAh, I wouldnt be supriced if its 1000mAH, but Im sure the app shows wrong mAh. Here you have a site that tests batteries, as you see the mAh ratings tested are never the exact numbers: BatteryBoss Calls Out False Capacity Claims!. So, this app to get that reading right on the first second turned on, is impossible I think. Maybe it just shows the mAh based on the phone its used in?

I even remember the leaked images of 929 battery showing text "2420 mAh minimum ~ 2510 mAh maximum".

Last edited:

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I have gotten the battery just now, and I have to say that I'm not surprised that it's a scam. I'm quite disappointed, maybe a little regret since I could've used the $20 for something more (eg. food or laser tag with friends). Please do not get duped by the reviews, while it has 5 stars all in all, Battery Pro+ reports the same 1650mAh capacity. Like others said, the higher the capacity, the thicker and heavier the battery has to be. But the battery has the exact same size (not thicker nor thinner) and weight as the stock battery, maybe a bit lighter, and has a cheap feel to it. Although it was nice of them to include a phone case, which isn't even the right model.

Battery Pro+ reports 1650mAh. This is the only app I know that reports battery capacity.
View attachment 51787

See attached pics. (Sorry about the quality, taken from Surface RT)

There, I have taken one for the team. I'm sorry to say this, but to those people who claim to have longer battery life, it's not. I believe they scammed using psychology. It's like scratching your head just because you know the person next to you has head lice, even though they don't. Unless someone can give me an actual proof reading of the battery capacity with 2500mAh, I'm still not convinced.

I'm scared to use the battery (especially charging wirelessly, which makes the phone case quite warm and could be fire hazard). I do not plan to return the battery, god knows how much the shipping would cost to return it, probably more expensive than buying it. So I'll let this one slip and be a lesson for me to not get duped so easy with Chinese products (even though I knew what I was getting into). Could serve a spare battery for travelling anyway.

Stock on the left, MPJ on the right. Notice the same thickness.
View attachment 51783

Stock at bottom, MPJ on top. Same thickness.
View attachment 51784

Stock and MPJ.
View attachment 51785

The alleged Lumia 820 phone case.
View attachment 51786

I bought a different set of third party batteries and that app is also reporting 1650mAh.

I don't think the app is actually reading the capacity.

mike13ftw

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes I think that apps can't read capacity . Maybe it search online for the original battery capacity

Sent from my Lumia 820 using Tapatalk

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
it can only read the device ID and since the 820 normally has 1650mah it shows that, they can't access the real capacity ^^

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
it can only read the device ID and since the 820 normally has 1650mah it shows that, they can't access the real capacity ^^

I was seriously thinking, "Does WP allow that kind of access?"
I know my old Palm Pre could give an exact capacity (480-something mAh on my most-bad-battery, originally 1150)
Best thing is to try WPBenchs battery rundown or just try using it normally, see how long it lasts

mike13ftw

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Capacity doesn't matter to me because many people in the official site told that the saw a big improvement. So that's why I bought it but shipment from china takes too long

Sent from my Lumia 820 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes