2500mAh battery for Lumia 820!

jsyrovat

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
As I cope with different batteries for RC models, etc., I do also have a feature loaded programmable charger. One of possibilities is cycling the battery - uncharge (measuring exactly, how many mAh delivered) and fully charge (this also measures, how many mAh were delivered to battery - this is usually slightly more, than the capacity). Older batteries have of course tendency to show worse values according to it's age and cycles used. But this vary a lot depending on type and make.
Would be very useful, if someone who has such charger, could make a real test with that battery.

DNO36

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
MPJ battery failed me 2X.

1st they took the order and after 60 days I had to file for a refund as they did not deliver.
When I tried to re-order, they replied that the battery for my 810 was not available......clank.
Just tried again and no luck.

Still have the original battery in the phone.....and working fine. I just wanted a larger and 2nd battery for it when I travel.
I have an external 5200mAh battery pack that my daughter now possesses....now
For a backup, I purchased a LED flashlight that has a USB 'out' connection. In a pinch I can use the 2600mAh battery in my light to power my phone. The light attachment works very well, at least the 1X I used it.

Peace,
Dean

Last edited:

dar981

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I just bought one of these batteries, its not the same except whereby the labels similar.

It is a link dream Hi capacity battery (2400mah) I bought it for ?5 off amazon.

The battery charge in it, is no better than the stock battery.

The issue here is, these batteries appear to be fakes, it also runs at the same voltage as standard lumia 820 batteries...

To me, If this was a higher stock battery, generally they run at a slightly lower voltage (most rechargable batteries run at a slightly lower voltage, so there not truly 1.5v. They are more like 1.25 or even 1.2, why some devices will not work with them or do not last long when you use them...)

For what I paid, its a spare battery nothing more. Is there a real high capacity battery out there? (added yes the mugen i see it..., look at the size of the battery, question answered hehe)

I even removed the label carefully, but its blank...(metal)

Be aware the item ships from Sweden (according to postmark, so you may have to wait a few weeks..)

But for what I paid, it seems to charge okay, so now I have 3x 820 batteries. I got a usb portable 820 charger and so really it makes no difference anymore...

Last edited:

amitsvid

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I don't have too much knowledge about batteries and its mechanism but, I can't stop myself to shar what I felt about the product MPJ 2500MAH battery, I have bought one from ebay.com, one of my friend visited US last week he brought me this item from their. I can realise a significant difference in the battery life than the original one which I got with the phone. It gives me around 25% longer battery life than the existing one. I am quite satisfied with the deal.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys, even I am looking for good battery which is more than 2500 mah. Please lemme know if u guys can find any...thanks all

I think Mugen made one, but I don't know how easy to find it is.
(ex. Samsung made an official extended battery for one of their midrange phones and I cannot for the life of me find it - although battery life is OK already)

Haha was just thinking about a replacement for my wife's lumia 820 ;P

Unless you can find a reputable maker, I'd stick to OEM batteries.

eviltrash

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Used to have one these stated in the first post made by MPJ. It lasted slightly less than a brand new regular battery. My advice... stick with the OEM one and have a powerbank with you just in case you need some extra juice (or a second OEM battery).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss