Nokia Lumia 820 same as 720?

Seasmy

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
So yesterday iwent to buy me a 720 and when I went to a shop the dealer said to me that he would give me a 820 new if I pay 10$ more lulz . I was liek okaay but gimme 2 days I gotta do some research .

The thing is before I buy the 820 is that does it have the same features as the 720? Like glance ,etc

I know 820 is superior to the 720 but the flagships don't have glance screen or sny other feature which is in the low budget mobiles .

Also is the battery good will it last more than a day?

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

FourTonMantis

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
820 has more RAM and will support more games. It has glance screen, double-tap to wake and everything else.
No, the battery is not good and will probably last about a day.

Seasmy

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
820 has more RAM and will support more games. It has glance screen, double-tap to wake and everything else.
No, the battery is not good and will probably last about a day.

Ah okay thx . But what would you do ? Buy the 820 or wait for 730?

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
The 720 is a good phone; but the 820 is a better phone. I have had a 820 for the past year and six months. It has 1 GB of memory (720/512K), it has the same processor as the 920/925/1020, has duel band wifi, has glance, double tap, etc. I adverage 1 day and 12 hours with normal usage per charge. I would wait for the 830 if I were you; that is what I am doing. But if you can get the 820 for a good price, grab it over the 720.

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
If I were you, I would wait for the Lumia 730. Looking at the specs, the phone rocks. 820 is not a bad phone, and I use 720 myself. Both are awesome. If there is only little price difference, then I suggest go for 820. But if you can wait, then wait for 730. Also, it should suit your budget. Coz am sure it will more expensive then 820 and 720's current prices.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 720:
Unibody, cannot easily be taken apart.
Non-removable battery - however, it is much larger than the 820's and the lower powered hardware uses less power.
512 MB RAM, meaning performance won't be as great, and you won't be able to play as many games and some fancier features.
I think the camera is better. (better in low light, though pictures are smaller in size)
Screen is LCD (both phones have Glance and DTTW though)
Qi charging requires addon shell
smaller and thinner

Lumia 820:
Faster, more games woo!
Swappable shells that can be swapped to change color, functionality.
Smaller battery, worse battery life, however it can be replaced easily.
AMOLED display (which tech is better is subjective)
Wireless charging option involves replacing the shell, so no external addon.
4G/LTE capabilities while the 720 only does 3G.

Road-warrior: 720 - more functionality means nothing if the phone's dead
Power user: 820 - higher specs = more games and advanced features - speed is improved

Although rumors indicated the 730 and 830 are bound to appear soon. I don't know if I would wait or not.

If the choice was mine, I'd get the... hmm, I can't decide.

Hypnopottamus

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
As others have said here, the 820 is better than the 720 in almost every way but the Battery. The 820's battery is removable and replaceable, however.
The 720 has a better camera, though because it has a back illuminated sensor (BSI) and the 820 doesn't.

So your options are:
1. If you need a device NOW, get the 820 if you want an overall better spec'd device. If you just want a better battery and maybe slightly better camera, get the 720.
2. If you're not in a rush, wait for the 730 and/or the 830 to release sometime in September. They will certainly have better specs than their previous versions respectively (720 & 820). In addition, these devices will have a MUCH better chance of getting any upcoming updates past 8.1 + Cyan.

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
The 820, in my opinion, is the best all around Windows phone, at least for me. It may not excel in one particular area, but it has all the great features.

1. 1 GB RAM
2. User replaceable battery
3. MicroSD card support to 128 GB
4. NFC
5. 4GLTE
6. Glance
7. Double tap to wake
8. Wireless charging capable with a wireless charging shell

Things not so great
1. Some people don't like AMOLED screens, but for me, I like AMOLEDS more than LCD's
2. Poor battery life (as reported by others), it's decent for me
3. Average camera, good enough for me
4. Smaller screen size
5. Poor FFC, but I don't do a lot of Skyping. I don't do selfies

Seasmy

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Wow this is like Xbox vs PS both have their advantages and dis-advantages :p

well I checked GSMArena and they say 730 and 830 will announce on September 3rd or 4th on that big event thingy . So Im just gonna wait ;-;

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 820 vs the L720.

Better display tech. You can use it better in direct sunlight and the Glance is more clearer too.

Display is the same size as on the L720 (4.3"), but it's slightly more cramped. It's a bit more compact basically.

Front camera is worse. 0.3 MP vs 1.2 HD camera for the L720.

It lacks Gorilla Glass. L720 has GG2.

Its main camera has 8.7 MP and it's overall a great shooter with the proper settings. The L720 has only 6.7 MP, but it's faster, it captures more light and it's generally more pleasant to use. So the same shots usually look far better on the 720. Though maybe not as sharp.

Design goes for the L720. It's stylish and light.

The L720 lasts twice or thrice as long as the L820. But the L820 has removable batteries and exchangeable covers.

L820 comes with Wireless charging. You need to buy a separate shell for the L720 to use wireless charging.

L820 has better specs. Better GPU and faster CPU. Can play all the games in the store and multitasks better. It's not that bad though.

PS: Now let's talk about the future L730.

At launch it's probably going to be more expensive than both L820 and L720.

It's gonna be faster than the L720 but not as fast as the L820.

It's going to have a bigger display than both.

It's going to have the best battery life.

It may have a 720p resolution display.

It will still have a terrific camera and it may have an even better front camera. Think 5 MP.

It will lack a physical shutter. button for the camera. The other have it.

It will have Glance. No worries.

It will probably have 1 GB ram, same as the L820.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes