Bing updates cannot be downloaded to SD card

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Just got two update requests and when I went to download them I received a message that the update could not be installed to the SD card. I have been running Bing news and Bing sports from my SD card since I got cyan/8.1. Both of these programs require a great deal of space and if they cannot be run from the SD card I will just delete them and not use them. What is the deal Microsoft, the publisher according to the message does not allow these apps to be stored on a SD card. Yet I have been running them from the SD card since I got cyan. Anyone else run into this problem.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Yup on my 810 I can't install them on my sd card . I guess it's back to weatherflow for me

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

CowardlyLions

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
So the update did nothing but rebrand them to a dying name and force us to move them onto phone storage?

What the hell, Microsoft? Every time you're on the right path you go and do things like this to annoy your user base.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Just got two update requests and when I went to download them I received a message that the update could not be installed to the SD card. I have been running Bing news and Bing sports from my SD card since I got cyan/8.1. Both of these programs require a great deal of space and if they cannot be run from the SD card I will just delete them and not use them. What is the deal Microsoft, the publisher according to the message does not allow these apps to be stored on a SD card. Yet I have been running them from the SD card since I got cyan. Anyone else run into this problem.

Ditto. On both my devices.

VB Iyer

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
You should be able to install the Apps on to the SD Card. But you can't move an App which was previously installed on the Phone's Storage to an SD Card. If you have apps previously installed on the Phone Storage, please uninstall them and install on SD card directly.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
You should be able to install the Apps on to the SD Card. But you can't move an App which was previously installed on the Phone's Storage to an SD Card. If you have apps previously installed on the Phone Storage, please uninstall them and install on SD card directly.

This is not accurate. I have apps installed in phone storage that I already moved to the SD card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roberts1069

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I had five updates to Bing apps. All failed. Not allowed on SD card. So I moved news back to phone and updated. Would not let me move back to SD card. The news app has been deleted as will all the other Bing apps that will not me install to SD card. (HTC One M8 Windows 8.1.1)

BritDad

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Bing News needs just 30MB of space. This is not "a great deal of space" in my opinion. I have an 8GB internal storage, so it's not a problem at all that it doesn't install on the SD card any more.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Bing news on my 820 takes up 385.99MB of space including DATA, Bing sports takes up 197.88 MB including DATA, thats a half a GB of data for only two apps. While the apps are not that big the data they use is. I found a way around it though. I just left the Bing apps installed on my SD card and did not do the updates. How long I can get away with that is another question before they no longer support the old apps. Why they would even not support the SD card with the new version is a mystery to me. With most of the phones Microsoft is pushing now only have 8GB it would seem they would support the SD card even more than ever.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Maybe Microsoft is not a stupid as we think. I see the MSN from Bing updates can now be saved and run from the SD card. Yea I know why didn't they do that in the first place. I finally installed them yesterday. They work fine so alls well that ends well. Glad they were listening to what people were posting and corrected the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon