Lumia 820 Denim Upate

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Sadly the x20 are going to be one of the last to be updated [I know the 520 has been updated already, which is strange...], MS are concentrating on the newer generation phones. I would probably expect an update some time next month. Though you're also on O2. For some strange reason O2 don't seem to be the priority network this firmware update (unlike Cyan) as Vodafone has that task, so you'll need to bear with it.

I have a 820 Country Variant, so I'm waiting to... But don't forget Denim won't give you anything hardware-wise, however it will allow you to download Update 1 (GDR1) which enables Live Tiles & Cortana (Beta).

G.

Smiggyy

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I have received Denim in roundabout way but not in name.
I've used the DP route and this has given me everything that Denim supplies, 8.1.1, Cortana and desktop folders.
Use this method, it's rock solid/stable.

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I have received Denim in roundabout way but not in name.
I've used the DP route and this has given me everything that Denim supplies, 8.1.1, Cortana and desktop folders.
Use this method, it's rock solid/stable.

Yeah, you've got Update 1 (GDR1), however Denim won't help our generation of phones apparently, so don't get to hungup on waiting for Denim... Update 1 is the main beast, which as you posted gives Cortana, Live Tiles, etc...

G.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
It is strange though that apparently no 820 on the planet had received Denim officially, not even unlocked phones.

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I believe the 920 doesn't have an update either as usually they get updated hand-in-hand. Hopefully before end of March...

G.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes