Build 10586 - Can I continue with it (Lumia 820)?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

"You can see the current list of Windows Phone 8.1 devices that are supported for the upgrade to Windows 10 here. This list includes a limited set of Windows Phone 8.1 devices and does not include some devices that are currently running Windows 10 Mobile in the Windows 10 Mobile Insider program."

- Ok, my phone is Lumia 820 and therefore no upgrade to Win10. I am using build 10586. Can somebody tell me, is it safe to continue using 10586? Do I receive updates to apps anymore? How long my phone will function normally? Should I return to Win8.1 (Denim)?

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
"You can see the current list of Windows Phone 8.1 devices that are supported for the upgrade to Windows 10 here. This list includes a limited set of Windows Phone 8.1 devices and does not include some devices that are currently running Windows 10 Mobile in the Windows 10 Mobile Insider program."

- Ok, my phone is Lumia 820 and therefore no upgrade to Win10. I am using build 10586. Can somebody tell me, is it safe to continue using 10586? Do I receive updates to apps anymore? How long my phone will function normally? Should I return to Win8.1 (Denim)?

you could continue with the insiders , future might not be that bright as microsodt has hinted at closing the doors for unsupported windows 10 devices for future Redstone builds.

the sole decision is on you, whether to continue or roll back. i suggest buy a modern lumia windows smart phone and enjoy windows 10 :)

windows 8.1 will slowly be unsupported by major app makers as they will be more interested to move on to win 10. :)

Errol Greer

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
I am running 10586.218 without any problems on my 820 (1GB ram). If MS does "close the door), do you think I can just carry on using it? I notice my apps update OK and I can also download new ones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans