822 rules!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It is quite awesome. Here's what I posted last night, on Verizon's forums, about it, after only spending really a few minutes with it:
Ok... Given WalMart's FREE price, and Best Buy's price match, and my wife's willingness to accept a hand-me-down should Verizon get a 9xx, I went ahead and picked up an 822 tonight.

I've only had it an hour. I just got home, so I've hardly handled it, but first off, I'm shocked by how light it is. It's actually lighter than Trophy. And believe it or not, thinner. It's going to take some getting used to, using one hand, and I think I'm going to want a case for it, just to make it a bit more substantial in my hand. It just feels to thin to me... But that's me, and I like something a bit thicker, just a personal preference. From the pictures, I really thought it would be thicker.

The screen is GORGEOUS. Compared to Trophy, well, let's not even compare it to Trophy. Compared to 8x (Went to the Verizon store first, just because I wanted to see them side by side), I really think it made the 8x screen look a tad washed out. 8x looks good, don't get me wrong, but next to it, 822 really pops.

And I'm sitting here at my dining table, with the lights dimmed, and I just turned it on for a moment, and wow, it does something no other phone I've had has ever done. It is a LOT dimmer given the ambient light. I've had other phones that SAID that they got dimmer, but this one GETS dimmer. NICE.

Eric Hon

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I was too surprised how nice of a build quality the 822 is. I feel bad for jumping to conclusions when the pictures leaked. However, I don't like the glossy white. I was hoping for a matte finish, so I'm probably going to get the black. I'm not sure about the grey though, is it Matte? I guess I should call customer service. The 8x wasn't in stock yet, so before I make a decision, still want to check it out side by side. However, 822 is definitely worth seeing for yourself and you might be surprised like many of us are. I also heard the 8x camera is pretty bad for being flagship, so 822 might have an edge in almost every feature except design and FFC.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I didn't try the 8x camera, so I can't speak for it, but 822's camera is very nice - exceptional compared to Trophy (my 1998 webcam is nice compared to Trophy's, though).

Isror

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I didn't try the 8x camera, so I can't speak for it, but 822's camera is very nice - exceptional compared to Trophy (my 1998 webcam is nice compared to Trophy's, though).

Haha, a Kodak disposable 35mm camera was better than the Trophy

db4williams

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

Haha, a Kodak disposable 35mm camera was better than the Trophy

Yeah, the camera on the Trophy is just hideous. My old Samsung flip phone from 2006 took better pictures then that thing. (Really my only big complaint about the Trophy)

Edwincnelson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I really like it. Huge upgrade from the Trophy. My only (and I mean one) complaint is the screen resolution. For me, and what I do with my phone, it just isn't that big of a deal.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I went an looked at the 822 and the 8X at my Verizon store. Both were nice and but I prefer the 822 for a couple of reasons. The height of the 8X screen makes it a reach for my (apparently short) thumbs. Also, the power button on the top is weird. I have the Trophy and think I will love the side power button of the 822. I have a black one on order from my business rep and it was $49.

Isror

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I went an looked at the 822 and the 8X at my Verizon store. Both were nice and but I prefer the 822 for a couple of reasons. The height of the 8X screen makes it a reach for my (apparently short) thumbs. Also, the power button on the top is weird. I have the Trophy and think I will love the side power button of the 822. I have a black one on order from my business rep and it was $49.

The 822 really does have a nice feel in the hand. The pictures never did the phone in its entirety any justice. The ability to replace the battery and upgrade storage is also a huge plus over the 8X

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
The 822 really does have a nice feel in the hand. The pictures never did the phone in its entirety any justice. The ability to replace the battery and upgrade storage is also a huge plus over the 8X

I was interested in the phone, but I was worried about the looks, but like you said the pictures don't really give a good impression of the phone. In person it looks quite nice.

downstevedown

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Not to turn this into an 822 vs 8X thread, but I switched to an 822 yesterday, partly because it feels better in the hand, and the buttons seem more responsive.

One other thing I noticed - while it seems that you can't currently disable soft key haptic feedback in Windows Phone 8, the 822's version of it is MUCH milder than the 8x. Mild enough that I don't care about it so much anymore.

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
This phone has much more positives then negatives. The only real issue for me so far is the camera but with a few adjustments and a learning curve I think it will be fine. The battery life is awesome and so far the hourly drain is around 3% but I also don't have too much running in the background. The size and feel is also a plus, pretty much all around a nice device!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes