Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
Like Tree1Likes
  1. ironsoulreaver's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
       #1  
    Ok... fourms were taking longer then expected, so I went on to VZW forums and found a little trick for you 822 yearning peeps. (well anyone really as the phones are all cheaper)

    Best Buy is pice matching online prices until christmas eve (excludes thanksgiving week and cyber monday). Walmart is giving it away for FREE. (time stamp of NOV 16th on the page). print it out and go to Best Buy to get yer phone for FREEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

    Don't forget to thank and like anyone who deserves it!
  2. goodsit2's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #2  
    Yup, did that earlier today :) They only had two in the store, but I was able to put one one on hold for my fiance. Now i just have to wait for my upgrade eligibility (one week away...).
  3. #3  
    This is what I did last night. Thankfully, my step-son's phone (a 4 year-old flip phone) was eligible for upgrade, so I used his upgrade to upgrade my Trophy (hey, it's my account!). I was only able to do this because of my lovely wife's willingness to accept this phone as a hand-me-down should Verizon soon come out with a 922ish phone. But since she doesn't want black, I was sure to ask what their exchange policy is, since they didn't have the white one, which the web site says is coming soon. Thirty days, no questions asked, no charge. They can only cancel the upgrade with the provider for fourteen days, though. So if they get the white one in stock within 30 days, I'll walk in and trade this one in for it. If they don't, I'll hope my wife will be happy with wrapping this on in a case(?). She doesn't want another black phone after seeing all those colors that the 920 comes in........

    ---------- Post Merged at 06:47 AM ----------

    Oh, and the Best Buy by me only had two in stock as well.
  4. ironsoulreaver's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
       #4  
    I got my phone :D no upgrade fee. my store also only had 2 in stock. I didn't even need to swipe a card.

    Don't forget to thank and like anyone who deserves it!
  5. dakranii's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    394 Posts
    #5  
    No upgrade fee? As in the $30 fee that Verizon charges to upgrade you mean? If so, how did you avoid it?
  6. ironsoulreaver's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
       #6  
    he didn't even charge it. it was never brought up.

    Don't forget to thank and like anyone who deserves it!
  7. dan nensel's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #7  
    Upgrade fees are included on your bill when you upgrade at BBY (I used to work there). BBY can't take money for Verizon so it has to be put on your bill.

    on a related note you can get a Llumia 822 for -$10 when you purchase before 11/18 at www.rewardzonemobile.com you get $110 worth of reward zone points. it does have to be shipped but shipping is free. So if you can wait, and plan on buying things at best buy in he near future (about 45 days to get the certificates) then this could be a better deal.
  8. Isror's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    117 Posts
    #8  
    I bought my 822 outright (retain unlimited data) and they price matched Verizon's $449 b/o price which was awesome
  9. #9  
    Man, you are so lucky... I had to pay $150 plus shipping, reactivation fee, etc. for my Lumia 810. Enjoy your new phone!
  10. dakranii's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    394 Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ironsoulreaver View Post
    he didn't even charge it. it was never brought up.
    I think it'll show up on your next Verizon bill. That's what I was told.
  11. ironsoulreaver's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by dakranii View Post
    I think it'll show up on your next Verizon bill. That's what I was told.
    I should have been told that, The reciept says VZW 2YR upgrade smartphone 0.00

    Don't forget to thank and like anyone who deserves it!
  12. dakranii's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    394 Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ironsoulreaver View Post
    I should have been told that, The reciept says VZW 2YR upgrade smartphone 0.00
    That'll be nice if you don't have to pay that upgrade fee.

    My receipt shows the price I paid for the phone then at the bottom has "An Upgrade Fee of $30.00 applies to each Upgrade Line. This fee will appear on your next billing statement."
  13. ironsoulreaver's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
       #13  
    Mine does not say that anywhere. 
    Last edited by ironsoulreaver; 11-16-2012 at 04:13 PM.

    Don't forget to thank and like anyone who deserves it!
  14. db4williams's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    138 Posts
    #14  
    Cool. I took your advice and went to Best Buy over my lunch hour with a screen print of the Walmart online price. The store did indeed honor the price match for a FREE 822! They only had one black 822 in stock so I grabbed it. Still got 2 more lines to upgrade. I think I will hit up some other BB's in my area. Thanks for the tip! (BTW I did incur an upgrade charge that will be on my next VZW bill. BB dude said he couldn't waive the fee, whatever.)
    I love selling WP8 to my friends and colleagues!
  15. ironsoulreaver's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
       #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by db4williams View Post
    Cool. I took your advice and went to Best Buy over my lunch hour with a screen print of the Walmart online price. The store did indeed honor the price match for a FREE 822! They only had one black 822 in stock so I grabbed it. Still got 2 more lines to upgrade. I think I will hit up some other BB's in my area. Thanks for the tip! (BTW I did incur an upgrade charge that will be on my next VZW bill. BB dude said he couldn't waive the fee, whatever.)
    Did it have a note on the receipt saying that it was on your next bill? I am worried my bill is going to be stupid expensive next month lol.

    Don't forget to thank and like anyone who deserves it!
  16. PuckCowboy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    89 Posts
    #16  
    Any idea as to when Best Buy is supposed to get the White version in stock? My parents and myself all plan on upgrading at the same time, however my Mom wants white so we are waiting on them to arrive at Best Buy.

    If they dont arrive until Monday or Tuesday, will the FREE deal for the 822 still be good? It was mentioned that they wont match prices Thanksgiving week...
  17. burtonrodman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #17  
    oh, they're gonna get ya one way or another. i snagged my 3 free 822's from wally-world!
  18. ironsoulreaver's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
       #18  
    They won't price match thanksgiving week or on cyber Monday and there is no telling if the 822 will be free or not on a long term basis. Someone mentioned they got the black and plan on exchanging it for white when it comes in. You have 30 days to exchange it.
    Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

    Don't forget to thank and like anyone who deserves it!
  19. PuckCowboy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    89 Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by hopmedic View Post
    This is what I did last night. Thankfully, my step-son's phone (a 4 year-old flip phone) was eligible for upgrade, so I used his upgrade to upgrade my Trophy (hey, it's my account!). I was only able to do this because of my lovely wife's willingness to accept this phone as a hand-me-down should Verizon soon come out with a 922ish phone. But since she doesn't want black, I was sure to ask what their exchange policy is, since they didn't have the white one, which the web site says is coming soon. Thirty days, no questions asked, no charge. They can only cancel the upgrade with the provider for fourteen days, though. So if they get the white one in stock within 30 days, I'll walk in and trade this one in for it. If they don't, I'll hope my wife will be happy with wrapping this on in a case(?). She doesn't want another black phone after seeing all those colors that the 920 comes in........

    Oh, and the Best Buy by me only had two in stock as well.
    Hopmedic... Very good idea. So Best Buy confirmed you can just do a straight up exchange? What if Wal-Mart isnt offering the FREE phone anymore to do the match? Also, I wonder what would happen if my Mom tried to do the exchange during Thanksgiving week?

    Very tempting...
    Last edited by Chris Parsons; 11-20-2012 at 10:12 AM.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by PuckCowboy View Post
    Hopmedic... Very good idea. So Best Buy confirmed you can just do a straight up exchange? What if Wal-Mart isnt offering the FREE phone anymore to do the match? Also, I wonder what would happen if my Mom tried to do the exchange during Thanksgiving week?

    Very tempting...
    Not sure what you mean what if WalMart isn't offering the phone anymore... The guy told me that I could exchange this one straight up, no questions, so now that the purchase (if you want to call it that) is over, the WalMart price doesn't matter. =/
  21. #21  
    Oh - and I was looking on Amazon for cases last night, and there is one place that has probably hundreds of sticker "cases" (cases? how can they call that a case?) with different design patterns on them, and my wife loved that idea, so it looks like even if the guy lied, or if Best Buy doesn't come up with the white one in time, I won't be in the dog house. Not only that, but I think this phone is starting to grow on me. I know.... I still long for the camera of the 920, but I was using this one out in the sun today, and I didn't have to shield it like I did the Trophy. That screen sure is nice, and with the comments about this one having a better screen than the 920, at least in that aspect of the screen, I'm not regretting getting this phone at all.
  22. radioage54's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    20 Posts
    #22  
    FYI, I heard today that WalMart employees are going on strike Black Friday!
  23. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by radioage54 View Post
    FYI, I heard today that WalMart employees are going on strike Black Friday!
    I read an article that said it was heading that way, today.
  24. db4williams's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    138 Posts
    #24  
    Ironsoulreaver: "Did it have a note on the receipt saying that it was on your next bill? I am worried my bill is going to be stupid expensive next month lol."

    There was nothing about the fee mentioned on the actual receipt that was printed at the cash register. However, the VZW Customer Agreement sheet that I had to sign and was stapled to the receipt stated that there was and activation/upgrade fee of $30.00. It does not state how it will be paid. I had to ask the rep how it was handled.
    Last edited by db4williams; 11-17-2012 at 10:11 PM.
    I love selling WP8 to my friends and colleagues!
    Thanked by:
  25. db4williams's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    138 Posts
    #25  
    Puck Cowboy: "Hopmedic... Very good idea. So Best Buy confirmed you can just do a straight up exchange? What if Wal-Mart isnt offering the FREE phone anymore to do the match? Also, I wonder what would happen if my Mom tried to do the exchange during Thanksgiving week?"

    Very tempting...
    I asked the Best Buy rep about exchanging it for the white one and he said don't do exchanges for colors. Only for different models.
    Last edited by db4williams; 11-17-2012 at 10:09 PM.
    I love selling WP8 to my friends and colleagues!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lumia 920 Still Available for Pre-Order at Best Buy Stores
    By riffraffy in forum Upcoming & Rumored Devices
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2012, 04:40 AM
  2. Great "Android" phone at Best Buy
    By Emerald Thales in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-17-2012, 03:26 PM
  3. pre order through AT&T or buy at best buy?
    By AndreaCristiano in forum Nokia Lumia 900
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-05-2012, 03:09 PM
  4. Trophy and Samsung Focus Flash on Display at Best Buy
    By JenkTJ27 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-11-2011, 09:28 AM
  5. Deal Alert: Titan now free at Best Buy
    By HeyCori in forum HTC TITAN
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-27-2011, 06:11 PM

Posting Permissions